The East Broad Top Railroad ran through Orbisonia, 1986
Location of Orbisonia in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania.
|• Type||Borough Council|
|• Total||0.10 sq mi (0.25 km2)|
|• Land||0.10 sq mi (0.25 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||4,224.49/sq mi (1,637.72/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Local phone exchanges: 447, 448|
Orbisonia is located in southeastern Huntingdon County at  on the northeast side of Blacklog Creek, a tributary of Aughwick Creek and part of the Juniata River watershed. Orbisonia is bordered to the southwest by Rockhill, across Blacklog Creek. Blacklog Mountain confines the borough to the east.(40.243345, -77.893362),
As of the census of 2000, there were 425 people, 198 households, and 109 families residing in the borough. The population density was 4,790.2 people per square mile (1,823.3/km²). There were 217 housing units at an average density of 2,445.8 per square mile (930.9/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 99.06% White, 0.24% African American, 0.24% Native American, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.47% of the population.
There were 198 households, out of which 24.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.4% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 44.9% were non-families. 44.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 29.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.15 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the borough, the population was spread out, with 22.8% under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 24.0% from 25 to 44, 21.4% from 45 to 64, and 27.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females, there were 90.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.2 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $25,000, and the median income for a family was $38,333. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $20,625 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $16,911. About 5.8% of families and 11.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.4% of those under age 18 and 19.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Orbisonia and Rockhill Volunteer Fire Company
- Southern Huntingdon County Medical Center
- Orbisonia Post Office
- Orbisonia Lions Club
- Orbisonia Food Pantry
- "2017 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Mar 24, 2019.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Orbisonia borough, Pennsylvania". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 11, 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
Media related to Orbisonia, Pennsylvania at Wikimedia Commons