Oost Gelre is a municipality in the Achterhoek, in the eastern Netherlands. On 1 January 2005, the municipalities Groenlo and Lichtenvoorde merged and formed the new municipality Oost Gelre, which was called Groenlo until 19 May 2006.
Monumental post office in Groenlo
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Annette Bronsvoort (PvdA)|
|• Total||110.44 km2 (42.64 sq mi)|
|• Land||109.93 km2 (42.44 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.51 km2 (0.20 sq mi)|
|Elevation||21 m (69 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Oost Gelre, June 2015
- Marco Blaauw (born 1965 in Lichtenvoorde), trumpeter
- Tom Holkenborg (born 1967 in Lichtenvoorde) aka Junkie XL, composer, multi-instrumentalist, DJ, producer and engineer 
- Peter Beets (grew up in Groenlo), jazz pianist
- Esther Rots (born 1972 in Groenlo), film director
- Menno Veldhuis (born 1974 in Groenlo), artist
- Thomas Puskailer (born 1981 in Lichtenvoorde), Dutch-born Slovak singer and songwriter
- Suzan Stortelder (born 1992 in Ziewent), singer and one half of Suzan & Freek
- Freek Rikkerink (born 1993 in Harreveld), singer and one half of Suzan & Freek
- Willem Maurits Bruyninck (1689 in Lichtenvoorde - ??), the 25th Governor of Ceylon
- Tjitske Siderius (born 1981 in Groenlo), Dutch politician
- Hans Smees (born 1970 in Harreveld), retired motorcycle racer
- Sander Boschker (born 1970 in Lichtenvoorde), retired goalkeeper with 555 club caps
- Tristan Hoffman (born 1970 in Groenlo), retired road racing cyclist
- Dave Bus (born 1978 in Lichtenvoorde), football defender
- Joost Wichman (born 1978 in Lichtenvoorde), mountainbiker and former world champion
- Loes Gunnewijk (born 1980 in Groenlo), former professional Dutch racing cyclist, competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Anneke Beerten (born 1982 in Mariënvelde), mountain cyclist
- Hidde Jurjus (born 1994 in Lichtenvoorde), footballer
- Herman Herbers (born 1540 or 1544 in Groenlo), theologian and pastor
- "Samenstelling college van B&W" [Members of the board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Oost Gelre. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 7131CM". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- IMDb Database retrieved 23 September 2019
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|