Olympic Tennis Centre (Rio de Janeiro)
The Olympic Tennis Centre (Portuguese: Centro Olímpico de Tênis) is a tennis venue located in the Barra Olympic Park in Barra da Tijuca in the west zone of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The centre will host tennis events of the 2016 Summer Olympics, and the wheelchair tennis events of the 2016 Summer Paralympics. The centre was built on the site of the former Nelson Piquet International Autodrome.
|Location||Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Capacity||18,000 total for the three show courts
10,000 (Maria Esther Bueno Court)
5,000 (Show Court 1)
3,000 (Show Court 2)
250 (Match Courts)
|Surface||Hard (GreenSet Grand Prix Cushion)|
|Tennis events for the 2016 Summer Olympics, and wheelchair tennis events for the 2016 Summer Paralympics|
Construction started in 2013 and was completed in 2016.
- "Olympic Tennis Centre". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 3 July 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Olympic Games Tennis legacy may leverage the sport after the “Age of Guga” Archived 2015-01-14 at the Wayback Machine. rio2016.com
- Tandon, Kamakshi (14 February 2015). "Nadal surprised at hard-court selection for 2016 Olympics in Rio". Tennis. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Fontes, Carol (12 December 2016). "Paes inaugura arena olímpica de tênis em homenagem a Maria Esther Bueno". globoesporte (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Olympic Games - Facilities - Barra Region (brasil2016.gov.br)
- Rio de Janeiro Olympic venues map (rio2016.com)
|This article about a sports venue in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|