This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nita Strauss (born December 7, 1986) is an American guitarist. Best known for her work with Iron Maiden all-female tribute band The Iron Maidens, her career has included performing with several rock ensembles such as the band Femme Fatale and the LA Kiss musical backing group. In June 2014, she replaced Orianthi in the band of American hard rock musician Alice Cooper. She was also ranked #1 on the list of '10 Female Guitar Players You Should Know' published by Guitar World. She comes from a long line of classical musicians - one of her ancestors on her father's side of the family is the Austrian composer Johann Strauss.
Nita Strauss performing with Alice Cooper in 2017
|Birth name||Vinita Sandhya Strauss|
|Also known as||Mega Murray (stage name)|
|Born||December 7, 1986|
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, tribute music, instrumental metal, deathcore (early)|
|Instruments||Guitar, backing vocals|
|Labels||Sumerian Records, Powerslave Records|
|Associated acts||First national tour 2003, Kill Slowly 2006–2008, As Blood Runs Black 2009–2010, Jermaine Jackson 2010, Consume The Fire 2011–2013, The Iron Maidens 2011–2015, Femme Fatale 2013–2015, Critical Hit 2013–2015?, LA KISS 2014–2016, Alice Cooper 2014-present|
Strauss is featured as the main guitarist on seven songs in Docker's Guild album called The Heisenberg Diaries – Book A: Sounds of Future Past, released on January 21, 2016.
In 2018, Strauss started to make appearances on WWE shows. On April 8, she appeared at WrestleMania 34, playing guitar in a live performance of Shinsuke Nakamura's entrance theme. On October 28, Strauss performed with Lzzy Hale at WWE Evolution.
In March 2018, Strauss started a Kickstarter project to fund her own album; according to the page for the project, it netted her $165,755. According to a statement posted by her on the project's page, she will not be signed to a record label, as this will affect the ability of her band to make its decisions. However, sometime after launching the Kickstarter, Strauss reportedly signed with Sumerian Records, with Sumerian having uploaded music videos of hers to their YouTube channel, resulting in some of her donors afterwards expressing anger towards her, calling her actions "hypocritical".
- "ALICE COOPER Kicks Off North American Tour With Release of "Super Duper" DVD And New Guitarist". June 13, 2014.
- Bienstock, Richard (October 27, 2015). "Nita Strauss Proves Shred Guitar's Not Dead". Rolling Stone. New York City, USA. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- Adams, Ryan (October 15, 2015). "No limits for Alice Cooper's shooting star guitarist Nita Strauss". Record-Journal. Meriden, Connecticut USA. Archived from the original on December 22, 2015. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- "ALICE COOPER Parts Ways With Guitarist ORIANTHI, Taps THE IRON MAIDENS' NITA STRAUSS". Blabbermouth. Retrieved June 14, 2014.
- Woods, James. "Guitarist Nita Strauss Talks Touring with Alice Cooper, Gear and Three-Guitar Attacks". www.guitarworld.com. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- "Docker's Guild - The Heisenberg Diaries - Book A". Docker's Guild Official Website. Retrieved January 31, 2016.
- Kielty, Martin (April 9, 2018). "Watch Nita Strauss Play Shinsuke Nakamura's Theme at WrestleMania". Ultimate Classic Rock. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Interview with Nita Strauss Iron Maidens and Consume The Fire
- Nita Strauss – The Iron Maidens, Consume The Fire
- The Complete Interview: Hot Chick in Hard Rock Nita Strauss of The Iron Maidens and Consume the Fire
- Nita Strauss Drop Dead Shred: Sweep City
- Nita Strauss Custom TMNT Ibanez
- Nita Strauss – Much More Than A Maiden – The Rock Guitar Daily Interview
- Interview in italian with Nita Strauss