Nicolai Højgaard (born 12 March 2001) is a Danish professional golfer. He had a successful amateur career, winning the 2018 European Amateur and being part of the Danish team that won the Eisenhower Trophy later in the year.
|Born||12 March 2001|
|Current tour(s)||European Tour|
|Former tour(s)||Challenge Tour|
|Major tour wins||1|
|Best results in major championships|
|The Open Championship||CUT: 2018|
Højgaard was part of the Danish team that won the 2017 European Boys Team Championship, beating the hosts Spain in the final.
Højgaard had a successful 2018. In April he won a professional tournament, the Bravo Tours Open on the Nordic Golf League. In June he was second in the individual competition for the boys Toyota Junior World Cup, four strokes behind his brother Rasmus. Denmark also won the team competition. Two weeks later he won the European Amateur, a win that gained him an entry to the 2018 Open Championship. In September he was part of the Danish team that won the 2018 Eisenhower Trophy for the first time. He played for Europe in the Junior Ryder Cup later in September and in October he represented Denmark in the Youth Olympic Games.
Højgaard turned professional at the start of 2019. He played a mixture of Nordic Golf League and Challenge Tour events for most of the season. In September he was runner-up in the KLM Open, a European Tour event, a stroke behind Sergio García.
- 2016 Hovborg Kro Open
- 2017 DGU Elite Tour I Herrer
- 2018 Hovborg Kro Open, European Amateur
Professional wins (1)Edit
Nordic Golf League wins (1)Edit
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||27 Apr 2018||Bravo Tours Open
(as an amateur)
|−5 (72-74-65=211)||2 strokes||Ludwig Nordeklint|
- "Denmark, England, Spain and Sweden Crowned 2017 European Team Champions". European Golf Association. 17 July 2017.
- "2018 Toyota Junior Golf World Cup" (PDF). World Junior Golf Team Championship Final Round Individual Results. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "2018 Toyota Junior Golf World Cup Final Round Team Results" (PDF). World Junior Golf Team Championship. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Denmark Edges Out USA To Win First Eisenhower Trophy" (PDF). IGF. 8 September 2018.
- "Nicolai Hojgaard". World Amateur Golf Ranking. Retrieved 17 December 2019.