Neha Sharma (pronounced [nɛːɦaː ʃrmaː]) (born 21 November 1987) is an Indian actress and model. A native of Bihar, Sharma attended the Mount Carmel School in Bhagalpur and pursued a course in fashion design from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in New Delhi.
Sharma at the promo launch of Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story in July 2012
|Born||21 November 1987|
Bhagalpur, Bihar, India
|Parent(s)||Ajeet Sharma (father)|
|Relatives||Aisha Sharma (sister)|
Sharma's first role was in the Telugu film Chirutha, released on September 28, 2007. Her first Hindi film was Crook directed by Mohit Suri, released on October 8, 2010. Sharma made a cameo appearance in the 2012 romantic comedy film Teri Meri Kahaani directed by Kunal Kohli. She was highly appreciated in the semi-hit Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum.
Her father Ajeet Sharma, is a businessman turned politician and the MLA for Bhagalpur, representing the Indian National Congress party. Sharma has campaigned for her father in various elections. Sharma has three siblings. She confessed being severely asthmatic in childhood and always unwell and weak physically. She also claimed to be completely cured of asthma with the blessing of a family in Hyderabad.
Her personal hobbies are cooking, listening to music, reading, and dance. Sharma is trained in the Indian classical dance form called Kathak. Apart from that she has also learned street hip hop, Latin dancing-salsa, merengue, jive, and jazz from the Pineapple Dance Studios in London. She considers Kate Moss as her style inspiration. Sharma also aspires to launch her own clothing label.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2007||Chirutha||Sanjna||Puri Jagannadh||Telugu||Telugu debut|
|2010||Crook||Suhani||Mohit Suri||Hindi||Hindi debut|||
|2012||Teri Meri Kahaani||Meera||Kunal Kohli||Hindi||Cameo appearance|||
|Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum||Simran||Sachin Yardi||Hindi|||
|2013||Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story||Simran||Vinnil Markan||Hindi|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||Suman Khanna||Sangeeth Sivan||Hindi|||
|2014||Youngistaan||Anwita Chauhan||Syed Ahmad Afzal||Hindi|
|2016||Kriti||Kriti||Shirish Kunder||Hindi||Short film|||
|Xuanzang||Huo Jianqi||Hindi, Mandarin||Chinese debut|||
|Tum Bin II||Taran||Anubhav Sinha||Hindi|||
|2017||Mubarakan||Advocate Nafisa Qureshi||Anees Bazmee||Hindi|||
|Solo||Akshara||Bejoy Nambiar||Malayalam||Malayalam debut|||
|2020||Tanhaji||Kamla Devi||Om Raut||Hindi|
|Illegal||Niharika Singh||Voot select|
|Ik Sandhu Hunda Si||Rakesh Mehta||Punjabi||Punjabi debut|||
- Placed at No. 5 in the List of Fastest Rising People (2010) in India. The list was published by Google Zeitgeist.
- Featured at No. 31 in The Times of India's 50 Most Desirable Women.
- Featured at No. 1 in the Times Poll of Hottest Female Debut.
- Featured at No. 7 on FHM 100 sexiest women in the world.
- "Pictures of the charming Bollywood actress Neha Sharma". India Times. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Neha Sharma Albums". FreeImagesGallery.com. 9 September 2012. Archived from the original on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Kashyap, Pooja (2 October 2010). "'Serial kisser' arrives in city to promote crook". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Crook was satisfying after south flicks: Neha Sharma". The Indian Express. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Jha, Giridhar (20 August 2014). "Glamour quotient in Bhagalpur campaign". India Today. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "बॉलीवुड की खूबसूरत एक्ट्रेस नेहा शर्मा के पिता बने विधायक". Aajtak.intoday.in (in Hindi). 25 August 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Gupta, Priya (21 May 2013). "Acting and looks don't help, only box office does: Neha Sharma". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Calcutta Tube Team (5 October 2010). "Crook- It's Good To Be Bad Hindi Film Actress Neha Sharma Interview". Calcutta Tube. Archived from the original on 8 August 2018. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- Sinha, Seema (5 May 2011). "Neha Sharma reveals her beauty secrets". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- "Shooting of 'Kurradu' with Varun Sandesh and Neha Sharma in the lead was completed recently". The New Indian Express. 6 October 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Neha Sharma to debut in Emraan Hashmi starrer Crook: It's Good To Be Bad". Bollywood Hungama. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Neha Sharma is Shahid`s love interest in 'Teri Meri Kahaani'". Zee News. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Neha Sharma to star with Shahid in Teri Meri Kahaani". India Today. 2 June 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Neha, Sarah make Kya Super Kool Hain Hum look fresh: Riteish". India Today. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 my biggest film so far: Neha Sharma". India Today. 3 April 2013. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Shirish Kunder's short film Kriti released: Manoj Bajpayee, Radhika Apte & Neha Sharma starrer psycho thriller is gripping". India.com. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Sonu Sood, Ali Fazal and Neha Sharma part of Xuanzang, China's official entry to Oscars". India Today. 5 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "'Tum Bin 2' sneak peek: Neha Sharma brings back the romance". The Times of India. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Arjun Kapoor shares Mubarakan 'madness' with Neha Sharma". Hindustan Times. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Solo: Neha Sharma on her Tamil film debut, and working with Dulquer Salmaan, Bejoy Nambiar". Firstpost. 6 October 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Bejoy Nambiar's next titled Taish to star Jim Sarbh, Amit Sadh, Harshvardhan Rane and Neha Sharma". Bollywood Hungama. 29 May 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- "Gippy Grewal welcomes Neha Sharma to Punjab". The Times of India. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 19 November 2019.
- Google Zeitgeist 2010
- Times of India 50 most Desirable Women, 2010.
- Hottest Female Debut
- August Cover Girl: Neha Sharma