Neha Sharma (pronounced [nɛːɦaː ʃrmaː]; born 21 November 1987) is an Indian actress and model. A native of Bihar, Sharma attended the Mount Carmel School in Bhagalpur and pursued a course in fashion design from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in New Delhi.
Sharma at the promo launch of Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story in July 2012
|Parent(s)||Ajeet Sharma (father)|
Sharma's first role was in the Telugu film Chirutha, released in 2007. Her first Hindi film was Mohit Suri's Crook, released in 2010. Sharma made a cameo appearance in Kunal Kohli's Teri Meri Kahaani. She was highly appreciated in the semi-hit Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum.
Sharma was born on 21 November 1987 in Bhagalpur, Bihar. Her father Ajeet Sharma, is a businessman turned politician and the MLA of Bhagalpur, of the Indian National Congress party. Sharma has campaigned for her father in various elections. Sharma has three siblings. Sharma confessed being severely asthmatic in childhood and always unwell and weak physically. She also claimed to be completely cured of asthma with the blessing of a family in Hyderabad.
Her hobbies are cooking, listening to music, reading and dance. Sharma is trained in the Indian classical dance form called Kathak. Apart from that she has also learned street hip hop, Latin dancing-salsa, merengue, jive and jazz from the Pineapple Dance Studios in London. She considers Kate Moss as her style inspiration. Sharma also aspires to launch her own clothing label.
|2007||Chirutha||Sanjna||Telugu||Telugu film debut|
|2010||Crook: It's Good To Be Bad||Suhani||Hindi||Hindi film debut|
|2012||Teri Meri Kahaani||Meera||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum||Simran||Hindi|
|2013||Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story||Simran||Hindi|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||Suman Khanna||Hindi|
|Tum Bin II||Taran||Hindi|
|2017||Mubarakan||Adv. Nafisa Qureshi||Hindi||Special appearance|
|2018||Hera Pheri 3||Hindi||Filming|
- Placed at fifth in the List of Fastest Rising People (2010) in India. The list was published by Google Zeitgeist.
- Featured at No. 31 in Times of India's 50 Most Desirable Women.
- Featured at No. 1 in the Times Poll of Hottest Female Debut.
- Featured at No. 7 on FHM 100 sexiest women in the world.
- "Neha Sharma biography". Stars Unfolded. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Pictures of the charming Bollywood actress Neha Sharma". India Times. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Neha Sharma Albums". FreeImagesGallery.com. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Kashyap, Pooja (2 October 2010). "'Serial kisser' arrives in city to promote crook". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Crook was satisfying after south flicks: Neha Sharma". The Indian Express. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Jha, Giridhar (20 August 2014). "Glamour quotient in Bhagalpur campaign". India Today. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "बॉलीवुड की खूबसूरत एक्ट्रेस नेहा शर्मा के पिता बने विधायक". Aajtak.intoday.in (in Hindi). 25 August 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Gupta, Priya (21 May 2013). "Acting and looks don't help, only box office does: Neha Sharma". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Calcutta Tube Team (5 October 2010). "Crook- It's Good To Be Bad Hindi Film Actress Neha Sharma Interview". Calcutta Tube. Archived from the original on 8 August 2018. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- Sinha, Seema (5 May 2011). "Neha Sharma reveals her beauty secrets". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Google Zeitgeist 2010
- Times of India 50 most Desirable Women, 2010.
- Hottest Female Debut
- August Cover Girl: Neha Sharma