Natalia Yurievna Ragozina (Russian: Наталья Юрьевна Рагозина), better known as Natascha Ragosina, is an undefeated retired professional boxer who spent much of her career ranked as the top female super middleweight in the world. Though born in Kazakhstan (formerly a part of the Soviet Union) and currently residing in Moscow, she competed professionally for Russia and is of Russian descent. She is the longest reigning WBA female super middleweight champion and WBC female super middleweight champion. At the time of her retirement, she held all major female super middleweight titles and two heavyweight belts:
- IWBF (International Women's Boxing Federation) super middleweight title
- WIBF (Women's International Boxing Federation) super middleweight title
- WIBA (Women's International Boxing Association) super middleweight title
- Global Boxing Union Female super middleweight title
- WBC female super middleweight title
- WBA female super middleweight title
- WIBC super middleweight title
- WIBF (Women's International Boxing Federation) heavyweight title
- WBF (Women's Boxing Federation) heavyweight title
|Real name||Natalia Yurievna Ragozina|
|Nickname(s)||The Russian Tsarina|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Born||5 April 1976|
Karaganda, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union (now Kazakhstan)
|Wins by KO||13|
On March 15, 2008, Ragosina defeated Bermudian Teresa Perozzi to win a record 7 championship belts in a single fight, breaking Giselle Salandy's previous record of 6 belts won in a single fight. However, two weeks later, Salandy - a light middleweight boxer - defeated Karolina Lukasik in a match with 8 titles on the line to regain her record for titles won in a single fight.
On July 11, 2008, Ragosina won a controversial decision against Conjestina Achieng, winning a close but unanimous decision. One judge awarded Ragosina the fight by a single round, and the other two judges had Ragosina winning by a two-round margin. Some boxing observers believe Achieng won the fight. Perhaps due to the controversial decision in the first fight, the two had a rematch on November 28, 2008, which Ragosina won more convincingly.
On December 19, 2009, Ragosina defeated heavyweight world champion Pamela London by knockout to add two heavyweight championships to her resume - the WIBF Women's International Boxing Federation heavyweight title and the World Boxing Federation heavyweight title. Despite a 65-pound (29 kg) weight disadvantage (Ragosina weighed in at 172 lb (78 kg), compared to London's 237 lb (108 kg)), the 5 ft 11 1⁄2 in (181 cm) Ragosina used her reach and quickness to knock out London in round 8. This brought Ragosina's record to 22-0, including a 16-0 record in title fights.
- 2009 WBF heavyweight world champion
- 2009 W.I.B.F. heavyweight world champion
- 2008 I.W.B.F. super middleweight world champion
- 2007-09 W.B.C. super middleweight world champion (4 title defences)
- 2007-08 W.I.B.A. super middleweight world champion (2 title defences)
- 2007-09 W.B.A. super middleweight world champion (6 title defences)
- 2006-09 G.B.U. super middleweight world champion (7 title defences)
- 2005-09 W.I.B.F. super middleweight world champion (10 title defences)
- 2004-05 W.I.B.F. super middleweight Inter-Continental champion (1 title defence)
- 1999 W.A.K.O. World Championships in Caorle, Italy +70 kg (Full-Contact)
- 1998 W.A.K.O. European Championships in Leverkusen, Germany +65 kg (Full-Contact)
- 1996 W.A.K.O. European Championships in Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro +65 kg (Full-Contact)
Professional boxing recordEdit
|Professional record summary|
|22 fights||22 wins||0 losses|
|22||Win||22–0||Pamela London||KO||8 (10), 2:36||2009-12-19||DIVS Arena, Yekaterinburg, Russia||Won WIBF and WBF Heavyweight titles.|
|21||Win||21–0||Laura Ramsey||UD||10||2009-07-03||Soccio Center, Langenhagen, Germany||Retained WBA and WBC Super middleweight titles.|
|20||Win||20–0||Iva Weston||TKO||6 (10), 1:19||2009-03-28||Mehrzweckhalle Grossziethen, Schönefeld, Germany||Retained GBU, WIBF and WBC Super middleweight titles.|
|19||Win||19–0||Conjestina Achieng||UD||10||2008-11-28||Maritim Hotel, Magdeburg, Germany||Retained WBA and WBC Super middleweight titles.|
|18||Win||18–0||Conjestina Achieng||UD||10||2008-07-11||Rundturnhalle, Cuxhaven, Germany||Retained GBU and WIBF Super middleweight titles.|
|17||Win||17–0||Teresa Perozzi||UD||10||2008-03-15||Maritim Hotel, Magdeburg, Germany||Won vacant IWBF and vacant WIBC Super middleweight titles.|
Retained GBU, WIBA, WIBF, WBA and WBC Super middleweight titles.
|16||Win||16–0||Akondaye Fountain||UD||10||2007-12-15||Anhalt Arena, Dessau, Germany||Won vacant WBC Super middleweight title.|
Retained GBU, WIBA, WIBF and WBA Super middleweight titles.
|15||Win||15–0||Gardy Pena Alvarez||TKO||2 (10), 1:41||2007-09-08||Maritim Hotel, Tiergarten, Berlin, Germany||Won vacant WIBA Super middleweight title.|
Retained GBU, WIBF and WBA Super middleweight titles.
|14||Win||14–0||Dakota Stone||UD||10||2007-05-25||Fight Night Arena, Cologne, Germany||Retained GBU, WIBF and WBA Super middleweight titles.|
|13||Win||13–0||Yahaira Hernandez||TKO||7 (10), 1:08||2007-02-17||Maritim Hotel, Magdeburg, Germany||Won vacant WBA Super middleweight title.|
Retained GBU and WIBF Super middleweight titles.
|12||Win||12–0||Scroller Carrington||TKO||3 (10), 1:00||2006-11-18||Burg-Waechter Castello, Düsseldorf, Germany||Retained WIBF Super middleweight title.|
|11||Win||11–0||Carlette Ewell||TKO||5 (10), 1:23||2006-04-15||Maritim Hotel, Magdeburg, Germany||Won vacant GBU Super middleweight title.|
Retained WIBF Super middleweight title.
|10||Win||10–0||Dakota Stone||UD||10||2006-01-14||Ballhaus Arena, Aschersleben, Germany||Retained WIBF Super middleweight title.|
|9||Win||9–0||Monica Mwakasanga||KO||2 (10), 1:52||2005-10-29||TURM Erlebnis City, Oranienburg, Germany||Won vacant WIBF Super middleweight title.|
|8||Win||8–0||Maria Velichkova||TKO||1 (6), 1:21||2005-09-17||Harzlandhalle, Ilsenburg, Germany|
|7||Win||7–0||Valerie Mahfood||UD||10||2005-07-09||Life Sportpark Herrenkrug, Magdeburg, Germany||Retained WIBF Inter-Continental Super middleweight title.|
|6||Win||6–0||Sarka Stoklaskova||TKO||2 (6), 1:49||2005-05-07||Volkswagen Halle, Braunschweig, Germany|
|5||Win||5–0||Borislava Goranova||UD||4||2005-01-15||Bordelandhalle, Magdeburg, Germany|
|4||Win||4–0||Yvonne Reis||TKO||10 (10), 1:14||2004-12-11||Lausitz Arena, Cottbus, Germany||Won vacant WIBF Inter-Continental Super middleweight title.|
|3||Win||3–0||Alexandra Vajdova||TKO||3 (4), 1:23||2004-10-16||Neue Messehalle, Halle an der Saale, Germany|
|2||Win||2–0||Dana Tabuskova||TKO||2 (4)||2004-09-18||Herrmann Gieseler Halle , Magdeburg, Germany|
|1||Win||1–0||Olga Gorbonosenko||KO||1 (4)||2004-07-17||Anhalt Arena, Dessau, Germany||Professional debut.|
- "Natascha Ragosina - Boxer". Boxrec.com. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Nasekinoy, Anna (26 May 2010). Абсолютная чемпионка по боксу Наталья Рагозина: Меня тяжело разозлить, а обидеть легко [The absolute champion in boxing Natalia Ragozina: I am difficult to anger, but easily hurt]. Sovetsky Sport (in Russian). Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Another Bad Decision: Natascha Ragozina Beats Achieng; Stieglitz Returns With A Win". Eastsideboxing.com. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
-  Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Natalia Ragozina.|