Naogaon Sadar Upazila
|• Type||Upazila Parishad|
|• Chairman||Rafiqul Islam|
|• Total||275.73 km2 (106.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Naogaon Sadar|
In British India sub-districts were called as "Thana", which were mainly exercised by the police. When development activities become widespread, it would be known as a development circle. In 1949 Naogaon Sadar was declared as a thana, in 1960 as a development circle and in 1984 as a sub-district.
Naogaon Sadar is located at. It has more than 80,000 households and total area of about 275.73 km2.
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Naogaon Sadar had a population of 405,148. Males constituted 50.48% of the population and females 49.52%. Muslims formed 92.07% of the population, Hindus 7.65%, Christians 0.05% and others 0.23%. Naogaon Sadar had a literacy rate of 53.59% for the population 7 years and above.
At the 2001 Bangladesh census, Naogaon Sadar had a population of 348,940. Males constituted 51.58% of the population, and females 48.42%. Naogaon Sadar had an average literacy rate of 34.5% (7+ years), against the national average of 32.4% literate.
Naogaon Sadar Upazila is divided into Naogaon Municipality and 12 union parishads: Baktiarpur, Balihar, Barshail, Boalia, Chandipur, Dubalhati, Hapania, Hashaighari, Kirtipur, Sailgachhi, Sekherpur, and Tilakpur. The union parishads are subdivided into 237 mauzas and 211 villages.
- Upazila Parishad Chairman: Rafiqul Islam
- MP of Naogaon-5 Constituencies: Barrister Nizam Uddin Jalil John
- Mayor of Naogaon Municipality: Nazmul Haque Sony
- এক নজরে উপজেলা [Sub-district at a glance]. Dcnaogaon.gov.bd (in Bengali). Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Nagaon" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 27 March 2005. Retrieved 10 November 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Naogaon" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Rahman, Md. Moklesur (2012). "Naogaon Sadar Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Official website (in Bengali)