Nandamuri Kalyan Ram
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nandamuri Kalyan Ram is an Indian actor and film producer who works in Telugu cinema. He was born to actor and politician Nandamuri Harikrishna and Lakshmi. He is one of the grandsons of N. T. Rama Rao, who was an actor and a statesman. Actor Jr. NTR is his younger brother. He is the owner of the production company named after his grandfather, the late NTR, called N.T.R. Arts. He had played lead role in several movies such as Athanokkade, Hare Ram,Pataasand 118. He also owns a VFX company named "Advitha Creative Studios", which provided special effects for movies such as Legend, Nannaku Prematho and Krishnashtami.
Nandamuri Kalyan Ram
Nandamuri Kalyan Ram in Valencia
నందమూరి కళ్యాణ్ రామ్
Nandamuri Kalyan Ram
5 July 1978
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Education||MS at Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, US,BE at Coimbatore |
|Occupation||Actor, Film producer|
|Years active||1989; 2003–present|
|Children||Sourya Ram and Taraka Advitha|
N. T. Rama Rao (grandfather)
Nandamuri Balakrishna (uncle)
N. Chandrababu Naidu (uncle)
Daggubati Purandeswari (aunt)
Nara Lokesh (cousin)
Nara Rohit (cousin)
Taraka Ratna (cousin)
Kalyan Ram started his career as an actor with Toli Choopulone (2003), produced by Ramoji Rao. His next movie was Abhimanyu (2004), produced by Ashwini Dutt. Starting his film career with two failures did not dampen his spirits.
In 2005, he established his own banner, N.T.R. Arts, under the name of his legendary grandfather NTR and produced Athanokkade, introducing Surender Reddy as director. Kalyan Ram startled the film industry and the audience alike with this movie. It was a runaway hit at the box office. His next movie Asadhyudu (2006), was a disaster. His next ventures Vijayadasami, with Samudra and Lakshmi Kalyanam, with Teja did not work. However, Hare Ram, under his own production proved him as an actor and was well received by critics and was a good success for him after Athanokkade. In 2009, he starred in Jayeebhava, which was a flop. In 2010, he starred in Kalyanram Kathi, which turned out as an average film from his banner. After a long gap, Om 3D was produced under his home banner, which was touted as India's first action 3D film, it released in late summer 2013. Despite the hype, the film ended up as a failure at the box office.
In 2015, Kalyan Ram appeared as a cop in an action entertainer titled Pataas, produced under his home banner, which turned out to be a blockbuster hit with positive reviews. For the first time, he produced a movie without himself as the lead, titled Kick 2, under his banner N.T.R. Arts. It stars Ravi Teja as a lead, and is directed by Surender Reddy, which turned out to be a flop at the box office. Kalyan Ram's later release for 2015 featuring him as lead was Sher, opposite actress Sonal Chauhan. Sher was directed by Mallikarjun and was produced by Vijayalakshmi Pictures.
He appeared in Ism, a 2016 film under the direction of Puri Jagannadh, with Kalyan Ram playing the lead role of the reporter Balakrishna. It was produced under the N. T. R. Arts banner by Kalyan Ram, like many of his previous movies. In 2018, he acted the lead role in the film MLA.
|1989||Bala Gopaludu||Raja||Yes||Child Artist|
|Abhimanyu||Abhimanyu||Yes||No||Remake of Kannada film Abhi|
|2005||Athanokkade||Ram||Yes||Yes||Remade in to Tamil as Aathi|
|2007||Vijayadasami||Sivakasi||Yes||No||Remake of Tamil film Sivakasi|
|2008||Hare Ram||Ram / Hari||Yes||Yes|
|2010||Kalyanram Kathi||Rama Krishna||Yes||Yes|
|2013||Om 3D||Arjun||Yes||Yes||India's first 3D Action film|
|2015||Pataas||Kalyan||Yes||Yes||Remade in to Tamil as Motta Shiva Ketta Shiva and in Kannada as Pataki|
|2016||Ism||Satya Marthand/Kalyan Ram||Yes||Yes|
|2017||Jai Lava Kusa||No||Yes|
|2019||N.T.R: Kathanayakudu||Nandamuri Harikrishna||Yes||No|
- "All you want to know about #KalyanRam". filmibeat.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Kalyan Ram Nandamuri - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film hero". www.idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 25 September 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Kalyan Ram's Hits and Flops". cinejosh.com. Archived from the original on 11 December 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Kalyan Ram begins a VFX Company". newshunt.com. 15 July 2014. Archived from the original on 29 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Kalyan Ram`s OM Releasing On July 19". 25cineframes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Kalyan Ram turns police officer in his next film". timesofindia.com. Times of India. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Pataas - Wait is over, It's a blockbuster!!". www.gulte.com/index.php/. Gulte.com. Archived from the original on 1 February 2015. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Ravi Teja Kick 2 in Kalyan Ram production". timesofindia.indiatimes.com/. Times of India. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Vanya Mishra to romance Kalyanram". timesofindia.indiatimes.com/. The Times of India. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Ism first look". www.ibtimes.co.in. International Business Times. Archived from the original on 7 July 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Kalyan Ram's MLA Movie Review & Rating". The Hans India. Archived from the original on 24 March 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Jr NTR claps first shot of brother Kalyan Ram's new film. See photos". www.hindustantimes.com/. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Not Aishwarya Lekshmi, Tamannaah Bhatia to star in Kalyan Ram's next". Deccan Chronicle. 27 August 2017. Archived from the original on 28 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.