for the Jatiya Sangsad
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting altered the boundaries of the constituency.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Promode Mankin died in May 2016. Jewel Areng, his son, was elected in a July by-election.
|Awami League||Jewel Areng[note 1]||170,234||91.6||+31.5|
|JP(E)||Sohrab Uddin Khan[note 2]||1,586||0.9||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Promode Mankin||142,981||60.1||+21.9|
|BNP||Afzal H. Khan||91,345||38.4||+5.5|
|IAB||Md. Ali Akbar||3,487||1.5||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
|Awami League||Promode Mankin||47,873||38.2||+7.2|
|BNP||Afzal H. Khan||41,280||32.9||+1.9|
|Independent||Md. Habibur Rahman||416||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Promode Mankin||30,410||31.0||-5.6|
|JP(E)||Md. Emdadul Haque||22,259||22.7||-3.4|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Hafizur Rahman||2,015||2.1||N/A|
|IOJ||Md. Abu Sayed||629||0.6||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Abdus Samad Miah||333||0.3||+0.2|
|NAP||Md. Dewan Sirajul Islam Sarnali||125||0.1||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Promode Mankin||27,191||36.6|
|JP(E)||Md. Emdadul Haq||19,390||26.1|
|BNP||Tafazzal Hossain Khan||17,171||23.1|
|JSD (R)||Md. Ali Azgar||9,878||13.3|
|Zaker Party||A. Samad||689||0.9|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- Some sources report a slightly higher 2016 vote count for Areng, 170,270.
- The only sources that report on the third place finisher are internally inconsistent, but the discrepancies in their figures are not large enough to change the outcome.
- "Mymensingh-1". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- Bangladesh Election Commission (13 February 2018). "Parliament Election 1973: Constituency wise Result of Mymensingh-1". Archived from the original on 14 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "AL wins by-polls in Mymensingh". The Daily Star. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Maẏamanasinhēra duṭi upanirbācanē ā'ōẏāmī līga prārthī bijaẏī" ময়মনসিংহের দুটি উপনির্বাচনে আওয়ামী লীগ প্রার্থী বিজয়ী [Awami League candidate winners of Mymensingh by two by-polls]. Bhorer Kagoj (in Bengali). 19 July 2016.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.