My Man Is a Loser
My Man Is a Loser is a 2014 comedy film written and directed by comedian Mike Young. Filming began in New York City in June 2012. The film received a video on demand and limited theatrical release on July 25, 2014, by Lionsgate Films.
|My Man Is a Loser|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Mike Young|
|Written by||Mike Young|
|Edited by||Phyllis Housen|
Step One Of Many Entertainment
The film follows two married friends, Marty (Michael Rapaport) and Paul (Bryan Callen), who hire their single playboy friend Mike (John Stamos) to "help them get their mojo back" in order to save their marriages. Their plan backfires, leaving their wives unimpressed with their new personalities.
- John Stamos as Mike, a "raunchy playboy". Stamos joined the film in June 2012. According to producer Eric Bamberger, Stamos was cast as a 40-something "ultimate playboy".
- Michael Rapaport as Marty and Bryan Callen as Paul, two friends trying to save their marriages.
- Tika Sumpter as Clarissa, Mike's bartender
Step One of Many Entertainment plans a heavily digitally-media-oriented promotion strategy for the film, focused on Twitter and Facebook. The company states that it expects My Man Is a Loser to be "the heaviest digitally promoted Independent film to date".
- Sanford, Nicholas (2012-07-02). "CDL Exclusive: Interview with 'My Man is a Loser' Writer and Director Mike Young". Celeb Dirty Laundry.
- Patten, Dominic (2012-06-12). "John Stamos Joins 'My Man Is A Loser'". Deadline Hollywood. PMC.
- "Exclusive: The Poster for My Man is a Loser, Featuring John Stamos". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Talmon, Noelle (2012-07-13). "John Stamos, Michael Rapaport & Tika Sumpter Talk 'My Man Is A Loser'". Starpulse.
- "Step One of Many Entertainment". 2012.
- Kay, Jeremy (2012-06-27). "Distribution: SPC, Woody Allen reunite". Screen Daily.
- Shaw, Lucas (2012-05-26). "Michael Rapaport, 'Hangover' Actor Bryan Callen Star in 'My Man Is A Loser'". The Wrap.
- Scordo, Lizbeth (2012-06-27). "John Stamos: Don't call him Casanova". omg!.