Mumbai Police (film)
Mumbai Police is a 2013 Indian Malayalam-language psychological crime thriller film written by Bobby–Sanjay and directed by Rosshan Andrrews. It stars Prithviraj Sukumaran, Jayasurya, and Rahman in the lead roles, along with Kunjan, Aparna Nair, Deepa Vijayan, and debutant Hima Davis in supporting roles. Shweta Menon and Riyaz Khan appear in guest roles. The film is produced by Nisad Haneefa and co-produced by Nivas Haneef and Niyas Haneefa. The background score was composed by Gopi Sundar and the cinematography was handled by G. Diwakaran. The film was edited by Mahesh Narayanan. It portrays the true life of Karthik SB
|Directed by||Rosshan Andrrews|
|Produced by||Nisad Haneefa|
|Music by||Gopi Sundar|
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayan|
Nisad Haneefa Productions
|Distributed by||Central Pictures|
|Budget||₹5.75 (8.3¢ US)|
Mumbai Police Film Was Completed filming in 56 days, when the original schedule was for 60 days. The expected budget was ₹ 6 crores but was completed with a production cost of ₹ 5.75 crores. The film recovered ₹ 4.30 crores through various rights before its release. The Khaleej Times identified Mumbai Police as one of the "remarkable box-office success[es]" of 2013.
ACP of Ernakulam Antony Moses aka Rascal Moses (Prithviraj Sukumaran) involved in an accident which causes him, a partial memory loss. Before the accident, he was on a call with his brother-in-law Farhan Aman (Rahman), Commissioner of police. He informs Farhan that he has solved the murder case of his friend, Assistant Commissioner Aaryan John Jacob (Jayasurya), who was killed during a gallantry awards ceremony at police/parade grounds. But, before disclosing the name of the murderer, an accident occurs. Farhan tells Antony, about his past and the tragedy occurred to their friend, Aaryan. He reassigns Antony Moses, back to the case even with the disability of memory loss.
- Prithviraj Sukumaran as ACP Antony Moses IPS
- Jayasurya as ACP Aaryan John Jacob IPS
- Hima Davis as Rebecca
- Rahman as Commissioner Farhan Aman IPS
- Aparna Nair as Rakhee Menon
- Captain Raju as Inspector General of Police
- Harish Uthaman as Roy
- Riyaz Khan as Sharpshooting Expert
- Swetha Menon as Doctor
- Mukundan as Captain Sreenivas
- Deepa Vijayan as Annie Farhan
Shooting started in January 2013, and it was on schedule and finished by March and then release in May 2013.
Sify.com and Indiaglitz.com called Mumbai Police one of the best recent Malayalam films. Paresh of Rediff.com called the film a " good suspense thriller which will make history for its interesting story." Aswin of The Times of India says that the film " arrests and engages the audience with bold portrayals from a well-chosen cast."
Veeyen of Nowrunning.com praised the writing and said the " dark lined elegance that the movie sports, makes it a gritty, knotty thriller – a hardboiled treat."
- George, Vijay (2 May 2013). "Dreaming big". The Hindu. SCT Trivandrum. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Deepa Gauri. The best of Malayalam cinema in 2013 26 December 2013 Khaleej Times
- Review: Umubail Police Sify ] Archived 9 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Mumbai Police Malayalam Movie Review. Indiaglitz.com (4 May 2013). Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Review: Mumbai Police is impressive – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (6 May 2013). Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Archived 8 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Indian Movies, showtimes, reviews, videos – Indian movie portal. nowrunning.com. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Archived 6 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine