Mona Tougaard (born 3 April 2002) is a Danish fashion model.
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)|
Tougaard was born in Aarhus, Denmark, and is of Somali and Turkish descent. She has two older siblings. Her mother passed away when she was 9. She was scouted at age 12, and won the Elite Model Look Denmark contest when she was 15. She was a finalist in the global competition.
Tougaard debuted as a Prada exclusive in 2019. Between two seasons she opened for Loewe and Fendi, also walking for Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Stella McCartney, Valentino, Miu Miu, Versace, Burberry, Dior, Victoria Beckham, Max Mara, Lanvin (which she closed), Salvatore Ferragamo, Alberta Ferretti, Givenchy, Dries Van Noten, Paco Rabanne, Chloé, and Saint Laurent among 40 shows.
She has appeared in advertisements for Prada, Louis Vuitton, Loewe, Chanel, Max Mara, Chloé and Ports 1961. She appeared on the cover of i-D's Post Truth Truth issue with contributions by American model Adesuwa Aighewi.
For the F/W 2019 season, models.com deemed her a "top newcomer", with Vogue noticing, she "swept Paris Fashion Week, landing nearly all the city's key shows". She also ranked as the "Breakout Star" in models.com's "Model of the Year" Awards. Currently, she is one of the "Top 50" models on models.com.
She appeared on a cover for British Vogue's April 2021 issue. Both she and Somali-American model Ugbad Abdi appear on the August 2022 cover of Vogue France.
- ^ "Mona Tougaard - Model". models.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ Graham, Georgia. "After a killer first season, the teen model just getting started". Dazed. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ Hartman, Jenny (10 December 2020). "Model Mona Tougaard on the Challenges of Being Multiracial on the Runway". Wall Street Journal.
- ^ "Five Up And Coming Models You'll Want To Keep Your Eyes On". Harper's Bazaar Singapore. 12 March 2019. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "Valeria Chenskaya e Antonio Freitas sono i vincitori di Elite Model Look 2017" [Valeria Chenskaya and Antonio Freitas are the winners of Elite Model Look 2017]. Vogue Italia (in Italian). 30 November 2017. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "Fresh face: Mona Tougaard é a modelo-sensação da temporada internacional de verão 2020". Vogue Brasil. 26 September 2019. Archived from the original on 12 October 2019.
- ^ "Mona Tougaard". Business of Fashion. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ Adesuwa (4 September 2019). "model mona tougaard wants to fuck shit up". i-D. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "TOP NEWCOMERS F/W 2019". models.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ Okwodu, Janelle (12 April 2019). "In Europe, the Model Age Debate Rages On". Vogue. Condé Nast. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "Breakout Star: Women". models.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ "Top 50 Models". models.com. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ McDermott, Kerry (5 March 2021). "Allow British Vogue's Exuberant April Cover Story To Help You Find Your Joy". British Vogue. Condé Nast Britain. Retrieved 12 November 2021.
- ^ Trochu, Eugénie (21 July 2022). "Mona Tougaard and Ugbad Abdi: The model revolution on the cover of the August 2022 edition of Vogue France". Vogue France.