In 2011, Miu Miu launched the Women's Tales series. The campaign consisted of short films that were produced in conjunction with high-profile female directors. The outcome was a list of short, silent films that featured Miu Miu's collections. The first four short films were directed by Zoe Cassavetes, Lucrecia Martel, Giada Colagrande and Massy Tadjedin and were screened at the 69th Venice International Film Festival. A fifth film that debut in 2013, was written and directed by Ava DuVernay and also starred.
On March 14, 2013, a counter report of Prada in violating women's rights was reported to Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. On May 17, 2013, a statement against sexual harassment and gender discrimination at workplace was released by the UN Committee. In April 2013, an American Change.org petition against Miuccia Prada, collected over 200K signatures around the world. This petition was against Miuccia Prada for countersuing a fired employee for making false statements while voicing her opinion against sexual harassment. This petition damaged the brand image. On May 28, 2013, The UN has backed former Prada employee Bovrisse over the sexual harassment and discrimination case of Prada Japan. Vogue launched a news article, "Prada Vs The UN" quoting Bovrisse claiming, "Anyone who buys from the Prada and Miu Miu brands are supporting a culture of discrimination and power harassment."
Set to launch its first fragrance in 2015, Miu Miu's new venture is backed by the signed agreement between Coty Inc. and Prada. This is the first time that Miu Miu has expanded outside the fashion and accessories markets.
There are Miu Miu boutiques located on a global scale.
Miu Miu opened its first independent store in China in the MIX in the city of Shenzhen in 2009. A new North American store was launched in Houston, Texas, in The Galleria during the summer of 2011 and in Short Hills, New Jersey, in the fall of 2011. Miu Miu also opened their first Australian boutique at Chadstone Shopping Centre in Melbourne. A second opened at Westfield Sydney in 2011. A branch opened in Glasgow, Scotland, in 2010 and is situated in the Fraser's department store.
In 2017 the Miu Miu Sloane Street store in London reopened after a refurbishment, and announced that they would be starting a customisation service to allow customers to design their own heels. It's the only Miu Miu store in the world to offer this service.
Spokes-models for the brand have included Laetitia Casta, Kirsten Dunst, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Katie Holmes, Ginta Lapina, Lindsay Lohan, Vanessa Paradis, Chloë Sevigny, Siri Tollerod, Lindsey Wixson, Zhou Xun, Jessica Stam and Joan Smalls. In May 2011, Miu Miu appointed the (then only fourteen-year-old) actress Hailee Steinfeld to be the new younger face of the brand. For the 2012 campaign, a 34-year-old, U.S. model Guinevere Van Seenus was chosen. In 2018, actress Elle Fanning became the face of the brand.
- "PRADA GROUP". A History Of Innovation. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- Constance C. R. White (1998-09-15). "Once a Private Club, Prada Opens Its Doors". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Sowray, Bibby (2012-08-31). " Fashion shoots". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "Miu Miu".
- "Working Womens Network letter" (PDF). www2.ohchr.org. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-17. Retrieved 2013-09-16.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "GE.13 Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights" (PDF). www.mofa.go.jp. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Leibowitz, Lauren (2013-04-24). "Prada Employee Fought Back, And So Did Prada". Huffington Post.
- "Prada Rina Bovrisse Lawsuit - UN Statement Released (Vogue.co.uk)". Vogue UK.
- Lisa Niven (2013-10-30). "The Scent Of Miu Miu". British Vogue.
- "miu miu – welcome to Shenzhen". Glass Magazine. 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-08-30. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Luxury brands make Chadstone home". Ragtrader. 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "MondoRaro Foundation - BlogZine Indipendente". Archived from the original on 2011-04-09.
- "MIU MIU CHELSEA REOPENS WITH CUSTOMISATION SERVICE". AGLAIA Magazine. 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Confirmed: Katie Holmes for Miu Miu". Grazia. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- "Of the Minute: That Girl". models.com. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-02-27.
- Isabel Wilkinson (2011-05-16). "Hailee Steinfeld as Miu Miu's New Muse". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Hailee Steinfeld: The New Face of Miu Miu!". E! Online. 2011-05-16. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Maybe she was just too young? Miu Miu replaces campaign star Hailee Steinfeld, 14, with model 20 years her senior". Daily Mail. London.
- Official website
- Miu Miu – brand and company profile at Fashion Model Directory
- Short info about Miu Miu Fashion Shows, Runway Collections and Fashion Tv