|Subdivisions||Districts: 6, Municipalities: 26|
|• Governor||Shunji Kōno|
|• Total||7,735.32 km2 (2,986.62 sq mi)|
(June 1, 2019)
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||JP-45|
|Bird||Ijima copper pheasant (Phasianus soemmerringii ijimae)|
|Flower||Hamayu (Crinum asiaticum var. japonicum)|
|Tree||Phoenix palm (Phoenix canariensis)|
Miyazaki Prefecture is on the eastern coast of the island of Kyushu, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean to the south and east, Ōita Prefecture to the north, and Kumamoto and Kagoshima prefectures to the west. It is one of only two locations on Earth where the fungus Chorioactis geaster is found. Miyazaki is the home of the hyuganatsu fruit.
As of 31 March 2019, 12% of the total land area of the prefecture was designated as Natural Parks, namely the Kirishima-Kinkōwan National Park; Kyūshū Chūō Sanchi, Nichinan Kaigan, Nippō Kaigan, and Sobo-Katamuki Quasi-National Parks; and Mochio-Sekinoo, Osuzu, Saitobaru-Sugiyasukyō, Sobo Katamuki, Wanitsuka, and Yatake Kōgen Prefectural Natural Parks.
Nine cities are in Miyazaki Prefecture:
These are the towns and villages of each district:
The sports teams listed below are based in Miyazaki.
Basketball (Bj League)Edit
- Miyazaki Shining Suns (Miyazaki City)
- Miyazaki Kōtsu
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Miyazaki prefecture" at Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 651, p. 651, at Google Books.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780, p. 780, at Google Books.
- Nagao H, Kurogi S, Kiyota E, Sasatomi K (2009). "Kumanasamuha geaster sp. nov., an anamorph of Chorioactis geaster from Japan" (PDF). Mycologia. 101 (6): 871–877. doi:10.3852/08-121. PMID 19927753.
- 自然公園都道府県別面積総括 [General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture] (PDF) (in Japanese). Ministry of the Environment. 31 March 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- 宮崎の国定公園・県立自然公園 [Quasi-National and Prefectural Natural Parks of Miyazaki] (in Japanese). Miyazaki Prefecture. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miyazaki prefecture.|
- Official Miyazaki Prefecture website
- Official Miyazaki Prefecture website (in Japanese)
- Miyazaki and Vicinity Information from the JNTO
The following travel- and tourism-related videos were shot and provided by video artist egawauemon.
- General video footage
- Scenery-related video footage
- Culture-related video footage
- Leisure-related video footage
- Food-related video footage
- Golf-related video footage