Mirpur Mathelo (Urdu میرپور ماتھیلو ) is a city in Ghotki District, Sindh province, Pakistan. The city is administratively subdivided into ten union councils. It is the 97th largest city in Pakistan with a population of 100,760 according to 2017 census. It is the location of Moomal Ji Mari.
|• Total||15 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|• Rank||97th, Pakistan|
|• Density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Qazi, Chachar, Mahar Qazi, Kalwar, Bhayo, Korai, Hyderani, Sama(Memon), Chhajan, Pitafi, Siyal, Soomro, Lund, Shah, Khoso, Dehar, Lakhan, Jalbani, Gabol, Marnas, Kolachi are main castes. Non Muslims Hindus (ھندو) and Christian are also in minority. Some other Muslims are in casts of Gadani, Chana, Kumbhar, Kalhoro, Bozdar, Lashari, Marwari, Waseer, Sameja, Meerani and Khambhra. In Punjabi casts Bhatti, Mughal, Arain, Jutt, Awan and Malik are living in Mirpur Mathelo city.
Mirpur Mathelo is a plain land with many trees, which is mostly Eucalyptus, Acacia Nilotica. Cultivation is widely found in the area. Wheat, rice and cotton are widely cultivated. Banana, Mango and date trees are excessively found here. Lands are irrigated both by tube wells and canals.
Masu Vah (Canal) flows in the suburb of the city just near the site of Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited. It is the main source of water used for the cultivation of land. It is also a source of fish for local fishermen.
Although the amount is good it is not reliable as it happens only during the monsoon seasons and rarely occurs other than this period.
In Ten Kilometers area between this city and Daharki has major Pakistani industries i.e. Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited, Mari Gas Company, Liberty Power Plant and Engro Fertilizer Plant of Engro Corporation.
Compared with other areas of Pakistan the city has more Hindu vendors. The city is rising city and has too many investors. Mirpur Mathelo is growing fast as compare to other cities of this district .
Fauji Fertilizer Company LimitedEdit
Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited has three plants all over Pakistan and together they are a valuable asset to the economy. Two are situated at Machi Goth, Sadiqabad lies in next province Punjab while the other is established here. Largest fertilizer producer in Pakistan, it has also gained a prominent position in Mirpur Mathelo. Almost everyone knows about it. One reason for that are the various social welfare projects that have been completed here ranging from Sona Welfare Hospital to Sona Public School & College. FFC has also provided a lot of Job Opportunities for Mathelians and has thus improved conditions of the area since its establishment in 2002. It is a valuable asset of Pakistan.
- "PAKISTAN: Provinces and Major Cities". PAKISTAN: Provinces and Major Cities. citypopulation.de. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- Location of Mirpur Mathelo - Falling Rain Genomics
- "Sindh (Pakistan): Province, Major Cities, Municipalites & Towns - Population Statistics, Maps, Charts, Weather and Web Information". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved 2020-02-06.
- Ali, Muhammad Hamza (2016-06-04). "chadhar: history of chadhar". chadhar. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "Hindu pilgrims attend central ceremony of Shadani Darbar". Pakistan Today. 6 December 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Ghotki - Government of Pakistan Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine