|Full name||Mikheil Kavelashvili|
|Date of birth||22 July 1971|
|Place of birth||Bolnisi, Georgia|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|1994–1995||→ Spartak Vladikavkaz (loan)||24||(12)|
|1997–1999||→ Grasshoppers (loan)||59||(20)|
|2004||→ Alania Vladikavkaz (loan)||7||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 May 2007|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20 May 2008
As with many leading Georgian players, Kavelashvili began his career with FC Dinamo Tbilisi, emerging from their youth system in 1989. A skillful striker, he soon established himself in the Dinamo side before earning a move to Russian club FC Spartak Vladikavkaz in 1995.
He began training with Manchester City F.C. on 1 March 1996  before finally joining the club on transfer deadline day. He made his city debut on 6 April scoring in the derby game against Manchester United F.C.. Following City's relegation he played 24 games (2 goals) in the Football League First Division. The number was not enough to secure a renewal of his work permit and so he was sent out on loan to Grasshopper Club Zürich, winning a Swiss Super League in 1998. He has since played the majority of his football in Switzerland, featuring for Fussballclub Zürich, FC Lucerne, FC Sion and FC Aarau (as well as a loan spell back at Vladikavkaz). He most recently signed for FC Basel in 2005.
In 2016 he was elected as a member of Parliament of Georgia.
- Umaglesi Liga champion: 1990, 1994, 1995.
- Russian Premier League champion: 1995.
- Swiss Super League: 1998.
- Mikheil Kavelashvili on Facebook
- Interview with Kavelashvili
- Mikheil Kavelashvili all goals and appearances in national team
- Mikheil Kavelashvili at National-Football-Teams.com