Memorial to the Fallen Heroes (Nay Pyi Taw)
The Memorial to the Fallen Heroes (Nay Pyi Taw) (Burmese: သူရဲကောင်းဗိမာန်(နေပြည်တော်)) is a memorial in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (Burma) to honour and enshrine the inscriptions of the name of Myanmar’s soldiers and civilians who heroically died in their fight for independence and counter-insurgency operations as well as those who died in doing notable and courageous actions for the country. It was opened in March 2017.
|Memorial to the Fallen Heroes|
|Myanmar Armed Forces|
|For fallen Myanmar soldiers and civilians|
|Established||27 March 2017|
The alabaster memorial was built on a 38.5 acres (16 hectares) hilltop around 3,000 feet (914 m) to the east of the military parade ground. The road leading to the memorial is 1,646 feet long, and on the left side of the road, a 24,800-square feet wide lake is built. It measures 54 feet (16 m) each in length, height, and width and decorated with 34 carvings of Myanmar traditional arts and crafts.
Inside the memorial, there lies the 4 feet long, 4 feet wide and 12 feet high alabaster monument and on the walls of the memorial, the name of 1,788 fallen soldiers and civilians who were recipients of gallantry titles and hero awards such as Hla Thaung, Ma Chit Po, Suk Bahadur Rai, Saw Ba Yi, Za Kaia and fighter pilot Peter were inscribed.
List of notable visitorsEdit
|Date||Distinguished visitor||Nationality||remark, "Message for Memorial"|
|23 May 2017||Michail Kostarakos||European Union||visited as Chairman of the European Union Military Committee and laid a wreath |
|2 June 2017||Fang Fenghui||China||visited as a member of the Central Military Commission of China and Chief of the Joint Staff Department of the Chinese People's Liberation Army and laid a wreath |
|18 September 2017||Surapong Suwan-ath||Thailand||visited as Chief of the Defence Forces of Royal Thai Armed Forces and laid a wreath |
|2 October 2017||Ngô Xuân Lịch||Vietnam||visited as Vietnam's Minister of National Defence and laid a wreath |
|8 January 2018||Perry Lim||Singapore||visited as Chief of Defence Force of the Singapore Armed Forces and laid a wreath|
|20 January 2018||Sergey Shoygu||Russia||visited as Russia's Minister of Defence and laid a wreath |
|15 June 2018||Wei Fenghe||China||visited as State Councillor and Minister of National Defence of China and laid a wreath|
|4 September 2018||Birender Singh Dhanoa||India||visited as Air Chief Marshal of the Indian Air Force and laid a wreath |
- "Mausoleum for Heroes (Nay Pyi Taw) at Armed Forces Day | Global New Light Of Myanmar". www.globalnewlightofmyanmar.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "CEUMC official visit to MYANMAR - EEAS - European External Action Service - European Commission". EEAS - European External Action Service. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Senior General Min Aung Hlaing welcomes Chinese general - Ministry Of Information". www.moi.gov.mm. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Senior General Min Aung Hlaing welcomes Chief of Defence Forces of Royal Thai Armed Forces | Global New Light Of Myanmar". www.globalnewlightofmyanmar.com. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Đại tướng Ngô Xuân Lịch thăm Myanmar thúc đẩy quan hệ quốc phòng". www.baotintuc.vn. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "What Did the Russian Defense Minister's Myanmar Visit Accomplish?". www.thediplomat.com. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- "အိန္ဒိယ လေတပ် ဦးစီးချုပ် ဦးဆောင်သော ကိုယ်စားလှယ် အဖွဲ့ မြန်မာနိုင်ငံမှ ပြန်လည်ထွက်ခွာ". www.cincds.gov.mm. Retrieved 16 October 2018.