Mayalodu (transl. Magician) is a 1993 Indian Telugu-language comedy film, produced by K. Achi Reddy under Manisha Films, presented by Kishore Rathi and directed by S. V. Krishna Reddy. The film stars Rajendra Prasad, Soundarya and music composed by S. V. Krishna Reddy. The film recorded as Superhit at box office,the film ran for 260 days in Hyderabad Srinivasa theater. The film won two Nandi Awards.
|Directed by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Written by||Diwakar Babu (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Story by||S. V. Krishna Reddy |
K. Achi Reddy (Main Story)
|Produced by||K. Atchi Reddy|
Kishore Rathi (Presents)
|Edited by||K. Ramgopal Reddy|
|Music by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
Veerababu is a roadside magician along with his friend Pandu and performs on the roads to earn his living. Once while doing such a show, he comes across a cute little girl, known as Puppy. Veerababu tries to ask her details so that he can drop her back to her home. But he comes to know that Puppy's uncle Appalakonda had killed her parents for property and is trying to kill her. Veerababu takes her home for safety. But unfortunately, due to an accident, Puppy loses her eyesight. Veerababu tries hard to collect the money for Puppy's treatment and saves the money with Padmanabham, who is the father of Siri, who is deeply in love with Veerababu. When Veerababu asks Padmanabham to give back his money, he refuses and warns him to stay away from his daughter. Veerababu ties him up to his own chair and takes away his money. Noticing all this, Appalakonda kills Padmanabham so that he can take away the rest of the money and can blame the murder on Veerababu. Even Siri believes that Veerababu is the person responsible for her father's murder. Veerababu, using his magical powers funnily uses his tricks to teach Appalakonda and his henchmen a lesson. At last, Appalakonda reveals the truth to the judge and Puppy gets her eyes.
- Rajendra Prasad as Veera Babu
- Soundarya as Siri
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Appalakonda
- Brahmanandam as Inspector
- Babu Mohan as Chanti
- Gundu Hanumantha Rao as Pandu
- Ali as Constable
- AVS as Super Market Owner
- Padmanabham as Padmanabham
- Subbaraya Sharma as I.G.
- Narsing Yadav
- K. K. Sarma as Comedy Wizard
- Potti Veeraiah as Comedy Wizard
- Maganti Sudhakar as Puppy's father
- Kishore Rathi as Magician
- Vidyasagar as Tirupati
- Sri Lakshmi as Appalakonda's second wife
- Nirmalamma as Veera Babu's Bamma
- Baby Nikitha as Puppy
|Film score by|
|Producer||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|S. V. Krishna Reddy chronology|
|1.||"Nee Mayalodu"||Gaduri Vishwanadha Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra||4:59|
|2.||"Chalaaki Chilipi"||Bhuvana Chandra||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chitra||5:01|
|3.||"Choomantar Kaali"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||3:48|
|4.||"Chinuku Chinuku"||Jonnavithhula||SPB, Chitra||3:57|
|5.||"Udatha Udatha"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:02|
- "Mayalodu Movie Info". bharatmovies.com. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "CineGoer.com - Box-Office Records And Collections - All Time Long Run List". cinegoer.com. Archived from the original on 15 May 2007.
- "Mayalodu (Songs)". Cineradham.
- "నంది అవార్డు విజేతల పరంపర (1964–2008)" [A series of Nandi Award Winners (1964–2008)] (PDF). Information & Public Relations of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 21 August 2020.(in Telugu)