Mason Ramsey (born November 16, 2006) is an American singer. In March 2018, after gaining Internet fame from a viral video of him yodeling Hank Williams' "Lovesick Blues" at a Walmart, Ramsey was signed to Big Loud Records in 2018. He has charted with his debut single "Famous".
|Born||November 16, 2006|
Golconda, Illinois, U.S.
In March 2018, 11-year-old Mason Ramsey, from Golconda, Illinois, was caught on camera singing "Lovesick Blues" in a Walmart store in Harrisburg, Illinois. Within a few days videos of his performance collectively garnered over 25 million views and he became a viral sensation and internet meme. Ramsey's performance sparked new interest in Hank Williams' 70-year-old recording of the song and in March Rolling Stone reported that Spotify's Viral 50 chart for the U.S. ranked Hank Williams' "Lovesick Blues" at number three, and number four around the globe.
As a result of his newfound fame Ramsey made an appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. Saying that his dream was to appear on Grand Ole Opry one day, DeGeneres surprised Ramsey by saying he had been booked for the following weekend. On April 13, 2018, American DJ Whethan brought Ramsey out during his set at the 2018 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California. In late April, he signed a record deal with Atlantic Records and Nashville-based label Big Loud. His debut single "Famous" entered at number 62 on the US Billboard Hot 100, while the EP debuted in the top 10 of Billboard's Heatseekers Albums chart at No. 7. Ramsey performed iconic No. 1 songs on Billboard Hot 100 chart's 60th anniversary, starting from the 1960s, he sang hit songs by Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, The Monkees, The Jackson 5, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, and Adele.
|2019||The Angry Birds Movie 2||Oliver (voice)|
As lead artistEdit
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"The Way I See It"||—||—||—|
|"Jambalaya (On the Bayou)"||—||—||—|
|"White Christmas"||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
As featured artistEdit
|"Old Town Road"
(Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, Young Thug and Mason Ramsey)
- "The Internet Has Fallen Hard For This 10-Year-Old Boy Yodeling at Walmart". Time. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- Betts, Stephen. "How Yodeling Walmart Kid Gave New Life to Hank Williams' 'Lovesick Blues'". RollingStone. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Alexander, Bryan. "Coachella 2018: Walmart yodeling kid Mason Ramsey wows music festival, Justin Bieber". USA Today. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Yodeling Boy Signs With Atlantic Records & Big Loud, Releases 'Famous': Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- Asker, Jim (May 8, 2018). "Mason Ramsey, 11, Is Newly 'Famous' on Country Charts; Willie Nelson, 85, Still Is". Billboard. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Billboard Heatseekers Albums - Week of August 4th, 2018". Billboard. Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "Watch Mason Ramsey Sing Beyonce, Whitney Houston & More No. 1s Through the Decades". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-08-15.
- Whittum, Connor (July 20, 2018). "Walmart Yodeling Boy Mason Ramsey Releases Debut EP 'Famous': Listen". Billboard. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Hussein, Wandera (July 20, 2018). "Mason Ramsey releases his debut EP Famous". The Fader. Retrieved July 22, 2018.