Mark Thomas Valley (born December 24, 1964) is an American film and television actor, best known for his roles as Brad Chase on the TV drama Boston Legal, Oliver Richard on the NBC drama Harry's Law, FBI Special Agent John Scott on Fringe, Christopher Chance in the Fox's action drama Human Target, and Tommy Sullivan in ABC's Body of Proof.
Valley at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2010
Mark Thomas Valley
December 24, 1964
(m. 2008; div. 2009)
Valley obtained his first role, on The Innocent (1993), while serving in the U.S. Army in Germany. He landed the role of "Father Pete" on Another World in 1993. He later took over the role of Jack Deveraux on the NBC Daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives from 1994–97. In 2003, Valley played Detective Eddie Arlette, an American police officer in London, on the short-lived Keen Eddie.
He played Brad Chase on Boston Legal, a spinoff of the television series The Practice. Valley also appeared on the television series ER as Richard Lockhart, Abby Lockhart's ex-husband. In 2008 he appeared on Fringe, as FBI agent John Scott. Valley played the lead in Fox's drama Human Target.
In 2012, Valley joined ABC's Body of Proof as a series regular. He played Det. Tommy Sullivan, Dana Delany's love interest. He also co-starred alongside Delany in her short-lived series Pasadena in 2001.
|1993||The Innocent||Tunnel Technician|
|1997||Breast Men||Fair Haired Resident|
|1998||Some Girl||Police Officer|
|1998||The Siege||FBI Agent Mike Johanssen|
|2000||The Next Best Thing||Cardiologist|
|2007||Shrek the Third||Cyclops||Voice|
|2012||Zero Dark Thirty||C-130 Pilot|
|2013||Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2||Clark Kent/Superman||Voice|
|2015||Lost Boy||Greg Harris|
|2017||Gun Shy||Ben Harding|
|1993||Another World||Father Pete|
|1994||Vanishing Son IV||Adams|
|1994–1997||Days of Our Lives||Jack Deveraux #4||37 episodes|
|1997||George Wallace||Bobby Kennedy|
|2000||Diagnosis: Murder||Captain Paul Davis|
|2000||Running Mates||Dick Tracy|
|2000–2001||Once and Again||Will Gluck||5 episodes|
|2000–2003||ER||Richard Lockhart||5 episodes|
|2001||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Jack Willman|
|2001||The Lone Gunmen||Henry Farst|
|2001||Gideon's Crossing||Mark Epperson|
|2001–2002||Pasadena||Robert Greeley||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2002||Spin City||Joseph||1 episode|
|2003–2004||Keen Eddie||Detective Eddie Arlette||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2004||Harry Green and Eugene||Harry Green|
|2004||The 4400||Warren Lytell||2 episodes|
|2004||I'm with Her||Jack Campbell|
|2004–2007||Boston Legal||Brad Chase||Series regular, 70 episodes|
|2006–2008||Emily's Reasons Why Not||Reese Callahan||2 episodes|
|2007||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jake Keegan||1 episode|
|2008||Swingtown||Brad Davis||3 episodes|
|2008–2009||Fringe||John Scott||Series regular, 12 episodes|
|2010–2011||Human Target||Christopher Chance||Series regular, 25 episodes|
|2011–2012||Harry's Law||Oliver Richard||Series regular, 22 episodes|
|2013||Body of Proof||Tommy Sullivan||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2013||SOKO Stuttgart (German TV series)||John McDuff||1 episode|
|2014||Crisis||CIA Director Widener||8 episodes|
|2014–2015||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Private Investigator Daniel Shaw||8 episodes|
|2015–2016||Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce||Dr. Harris||7 episodes|
|2016||Hawaii Five-0||Special Agent Frank Zagar||1 episode|
|2017||Feud: Bette and Joan||Gary Merrill||1 episode|
|2017||Bloodline||Mike Gallagher||1 episode|
|2017||Wisdom of the Crowd||Dino Hutton, U.S. Deputy Marshal||1 episode|
|2018||The Flash||Anton Slater||1 episode|
|2018||The Romanoffs||Steve Lewis||1 episode|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Boston Legal role
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series shared with René Auberjonois, Ryan Michelle Bathe, Candice Bergen, Julie Bowen, Justin Mentell, Rhona Mitra, Monica Potter, William Shatner, and James Spader (2006)
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series shared with René Auberjonois, Candice Bergen, Craig Bierko, Julie Bowen, William Shatner, and James Spader (2007)
- Nominated — Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series shared with René Auberjonois, Candice Bergen, Julie Bowen, Saffron Burrows, Christian Clemenson, Taraji P. Henson, John Larroquette, William Shatner, James Spader, Tara Summers, Gary Anthony Williams, and Constance Zimmer (2008)
- Keen Eddie role
- Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Star — Male (2003)
- Human Target role
- Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor — Action (2010)
Radio and podcast appearancesEdit
- Valley appeared on Ken Reid's TV Guidance Counselor podcast on September 14, 2016.
- Rochlin, Margy. "The Man Without the Prosthetic Nose", The New York Times, January 10, 2010.
- Pioneer Local blogsite
- Hollywood Reporter article referencing Valley
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 28, 2012). "Mark Valley To Join 'Body Of Proof' As New Regular". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- Jay Bobbin (February 19, 2013). "'Body of Proof': Dana Delany reunites with Mark Valley for Season 3". Zap2it. Archived from the original on March 28, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Dos Santos, Kristin. "Anna Torv and Mark Valley Married!" E! Online, February 2, 2009.
- "Anna Torv and Mark Valley Split"