Maragusan, Compostela Valley
Maragusan, officially the Municipality of Maragusan, is a 1st class municipality in the province of Compostela Valley, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 60,842 people.
|Municipality of Maragusan|
Map of Compostela Valley with Maragusan highlighted
|Region||Davao Region (Region XI)|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Maricel Colina-Venidiola (PDP-Laban)|
|• Vice Mayor||Cesar Colina Sr.(PDP-Laban)|
|• Electorate||34,677 voters (2016)|
|• Total||394.27 km2 (152.23 sq mi)|
|• Density||150/km2 (400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)87|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||178.3 million (2016)|
It is formerly named San Mariano.
- Bagong Silang
- Maragusan (Poblacion)
- New Albay
- New Katipunan
- New Manay
- New Panay
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Maragusan was 60,842 people, with a density of 150 inhabitants per square kilometre or 390 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Compostela Valley". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Republic Act No. 6678, Arellano Law Foundation, retrieved 2012
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region XI (Davao Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Compostela Valley". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.