Mandi House metro station
The Mandi House Metro Station is located on the Blue Line and Violet Line of the Delhi Metro in Delhi, India. It services the cultural hub of Delhi, the Mandi House area which has National School of Drama, Ravindra Bhavan, home of Sangeet Natak Akademi and Sahitya Akademi, Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts and Triveni Kala Sangam, besides the Bengali Market and the nearby residential areas.
|Delhi Metro station|
|Owned by||Delhi Metro|
|Line(s)||Blue Line |
|Platforms||side platform ( blue line )|
Platform-1 → Noida City Centre / Vaishali
Platform-2 →Dwarka Sector 21
Island platform (Violet Line)
Platform-3 → Escorts Mujesar
Platform-4 →Kashmere Gate via ITO, Lal Qila
|Opened||11 November 2006 (Blue line)|
26 June 2014 (Violet line - towards Badarpur)
8 June 2015 (Violet line - towards ITO )
|Electrified||25 kV 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary|
|Passengers (Jan 2015)||8,265/day |
256,225/ Month average
As part of Phase III of the extension of Delhi Metro, Mandi House will be expanded into an interchange station in order to reduce pressure on Rajiv Chowk station. A new 6.8-km line is expected to come up from Central Secretariat to a new station at Kashmere Gate by the end of 2015. The new line will be developed on standard gauge and integrated with the Badarpur corridor, which too runs on standard gauge. As the existing Mandi House station has broad gauge tracks, Metro officials are now working on plans to develop a parallel station at the same site.
Mandi House works as interchange station between Blue and Violet line of Delhi Metro.
- "Station Information". Archived from the original on 19 June 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "Delhi Metro flags off trial run on Phase III - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Delhi Metro third phase trial run begins Monday - The Economic Times". The Times Of India.
- "Mandi House to be new Metro hub". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. 12 November 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- Dutta, Sweta (11 November 2010). "Metro plans Mandi House as new hub". The Indian Express. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.
|This article related to the Delhi Metro is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian union territory of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|