Lyman Raion, Donetsk Oblast
Lyman Raion (Ukrainian: Лиманський район, translit.: Lymans'kyi raion; Russian: Лиманский район, translit.: Limanskiy raion) is a raion (district) within Donetsk Oblast in eastern Ukraine. Its administrative center is Lyman, which is separately incorporated as a city of oblast significance and does not belong to the district. Its area is 1,018 km2 (393 sq mi) and its population is approximately 21,881 (2013 est.).
|• Total||1,018 km2 (393 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (56/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Website||Verkhovna Rada website|
At the moment, all villages and towns of the raion were excluded from the raion and transferred to the Lyman United Territorial Community (formerly Krasnyi Lyman United Territorial Community). Within the Lymanskyi Raion there are: 5 urban-type settlements (Yampil, Zarichne, Dorobysheve, Novoselivka and Yarova), 6 selsoviets, and 46 settlements. Also included within the raion are: 5 sovhozy, 11 kolhozy, 7 industrial organisations, 35 schools, 31 libraries and 2 movie theaters.
Before 1917, the raion was part of the Kharkov Governorate.
Until May 2016, raion was known as Krasnyi Lyman Raion (Ukrainian: Краснолиманський район). On 19 May 2016, Verkhovna Rada adopted a decision to rename Krasnyi Lyman Raion to Lyman Raion according to the law prohibiting names of Communist origin. Krasnyi Lyman was previously renamed to Lyman according to the same law.
The national nature park Svyati Hory is 404.48 km² and it contains plant life from the region of the Seversky Donets River. The park contains over 1,008 different plants, almost 20% of them being endemic plants. Forty-six plants that grow here and 50 types of animals are entered into the Ukraine's Red Book of Rare Species. The fauna contains 43 types of mammals, 194 types of birds, 10 types of reptiles, 9 types of amphibians and 40 types of fish.
Another nature preserve is the Melova Flora. Known for its plant life, the preserve has an area of 11.34 km².
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Decree on the establishment of the Krasnyi Lyman United Territorial Community in website Ministry of Regional Development
- Description of Lyman Community in Perspective plan for the formation of community territories of Donets Oblast (new edition). Endorsed by decree of the governor of Donetsk Oblast.Page 5-6
- - Scheme of Administrative Territorial Units of Donetsk Oblast: towns of City of regional significance, page 5-7
- Рада переименовала Комсомольск в Горишние Плавни (in Russian). lb.ua. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Національний склад та рідна мова населення Донецької області. Розподіл постійного населення за найбільш численними національностями та рідною мовою по міськрадах та районах (in Ukrainian), archived from the original on 2012-11-27