Lutayan, Sultan Kudarat
|Municipality of Lutayan|
Map of Sultan Kudarat with Lutayan highlighted
|Region||Soccsksargen (Region XII)|
|Barangays||11 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Datu Prince Raden Sakaluran|
|• Electorate||31,138 voters (2016)|
|• Total||271.00 km2 (104.63 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)64|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||133.3 million (2016)|
This lakeside town shares Lake Buluan with its neighboring municipality, Buluan, Maguindanao. Lutayan was carved out from Buluan in 1966. The first appointed mayor was the wife of the then-mayor of Buluan, a royalty from the Rajah Buayan Sultanate, Bai Linilang Mangelen. She was also the first ever elected Mayor of the town and served for two decades.
Lutayan is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- Lutayan Proper
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Sultan Kudarat". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Sultan Kudarat". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.