Lust in the Dust
For the 1946 film nicknamed "Lust in the Dust", see Duel in the Sun.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lust in the Dust|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Paul Bartel|
|Produced by||Allan Glaser|
|Written by||Philip John Taylor|
|Music by||Peter Matz|
|Edited by||Alan Toomayan|
Fox Run Productions
|Distributed by||New World Pictures|
|March 1, 1985|
Dance-hall girl Rosie Velez (Divine), lost in the desert, is helped to safety by gunman Abel Wood (Tab Hunter). In the town of Chili Verde, at the saloon of Marguerita Ventura (Lainie Kazan), word of a treasure in gold brings Abel into conflict with outlaw Hard Case Williams (Geoffrey Lewis) and his gang.
- Tab Hunter as Abel Wood
- Divine as Rosie Velez
- Lainie Kazan as Marguerita Ventura
- Cesar Romero as Father Garcia
- Geoffrey Lewis as Hard Case Williams
- Henry Silva as Bernardo
- Courtney Gains as Richard "Red Dick" Barker
- Gina Gallego as Ninfa
- Nedra Volz as Big Ed
- Woody Strode as Blackman, Hard Case Gang
- Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez as Mexican, Hard Case Gang
- Noah Wyle (uncredited) as a young man
John Waters was asked to direct, but refused because he did not write the script.
The role of Marguerita was originally set for Chita Rivera.
In the original script, Rosie was supposed to die but the filmmakers changed their mind during filming.
- All songs composed by Karen Hart
- OUTTAKES Taylor, Clarke. Los Angeles Times 23 Dec 1984: o41.
- The Western will never bite the dust Scott, Jay. The Globe and Mail; Toronto, Ont. [Toronto, Ont]07 July 1979: P.29.
- Latin from Manhattan danced to Hollywood Thomas, Bob. The Globe and Mail 22 June 1984: E.4.
- Hart, Karen. "Karen Hart Music". Retrieved 2012-09-14.