Lufthansa Regional is an operational entity for regional and feeder flights performed by two regional airlines owned by Lufthansa within its route network. As part of Lufthansa's rebranding, the Lufthansa Regional brand name has gradually been removed from the public eye since early 2018.
|Frequent-flyer program||Miles & More|
|Destinations||see List of Air Dolomiti destinations |
and List of Lufthansa CityLine destinations
Lufthansa Regional was founded as the successor of similar Team Lufthansa, which consisted of predominantly independent airlines contracted by Lufthansa. As of January 2018, Lufthansa Regional consists of two members, Air Dolomiti and Lufthansa CityLine, which are both fully owned by Lufthansa. They are based at Lufthansa's hubs at Frankfurt Airport and Munich Airport and carry 10.5 million passengers a year mostly to minor domestic and European destinations.
As part of Lufthansa's new corporate design introduced in early 2018, Lufthansa Regional aircraft operated by Lufthansa CityLine are also receiving the new livery, with the Lufthansa Regional titles being removed from the fuselage and replaced by Lufthansa.
As of March 2020, one sole route remained as operated by Air Dolomiti under the Lufthansa brand while all other of their operations are codeshared using their own brand name.
Lufthansa Regional flights are operated by two partner airlines based at Lufthansa's hub airports:
- Air Dolomiti at Munich Airport (also operates some routes under their own brand)
- Lufthansa CityLine at Frankfurt Airport and Munich Airport
- Augsburg Airways (ceased operations by October 2013 as the contract with Lufthansa wasn't renewed)
- Contact Air (ceased operations by October 2012 as the contract with Lufthansa wasn't renewed, remaining assets taken over by now defunct OLT Express Germany)
|Airline||IATA Service||ICAO Code||Callsign||Aircraft||In fleet||Passengers|
|Lufthansa CityLine||CL||CLH||Hansaline||Bombardier CRJ-900||35||11||68||79|
|Air Dolomiti||EN||DLA||Dolomiti||Embraer E195||14||8||104||112|
- lufthansagroup.com - Lufthansa Regional Archived 2017-09-25 at the Wayback Machine retrieved 31 January 2018
- airdolomiti.eu - Our flight destinations retrieved 29 March 2020
- aero.de - "Lufthansa shocks Augsburg" (German) 27 October 2012
- airliners.de - "Contact Air loses Lufthansa contract" (German) 29 November 2011
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-27. Retrieved 2013-07-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- planespotters.net - Air Dolomiti retrieved 31 January 2018
- planespotters.net - Lufthansa CityLine retrieved 31 January 2018