Olivia "Liv" Boeree (born 18 July 1984) is a British poker player, television presenter, speaker & writer. She is a World Series of Poker and 2010 European Poker Tour champion, and is the only female player in history to win a WSOP bracelet and EPT event.
Liv Boeree in 2015
|Born||18 July 1984|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|European Poker Tour|
Born in Kent, Boeree studied at Ashford School before going on to earn a First Class Honours degree in Physics with Astrophysics at the University of Manchester. Boeree is a 3x winner of the Global Poker Index European Female Player of the year and currently sits at #5 on the female all-time live poker winnings list.
Boeree was introduced to the poker industry when she was selected as one of five contestants for the reality TV show Ultimatepoker.com Showdown, which aired on Five in autumn 2005. During the show she was coached by top poker players Phil Hellmuth, Annie Duke, and Dave Ulliott.
In May 2008, she won the 2008 Ladbrokes European Ladies Championships for $30,000.
On 21 April 2010, Boeree won the European Poker Tour main event in Sanremo, at the time the largest ever poker tournament held on European soil. Boeree won €1,250,000 and thereby became the third woman ever to win an EPT title.
Other notable results include a runner-up finish in the 2014 UKIPT Edinburgh Main Event, 1st place on Poker After Dark in 2017 and a 3rd-place finish in the EPT Barcelona High Roller event for €391,000 in August 2015.
Awards: Boeree won Female Player of the Year in 2014, 2015 and 2016 at the European Poker Awards, as determined by Global Poker Index points she accumulated during those years. She was also awarded "Europe's Leading Lady" in 2010 at the European Poker Awards.
In February 2016, she was announced as the Team Manager of the Global Poker League team "The London Royals".
In November 2019, Liv Boeree announced on Twitter, that she has left Team PokerStars after nine years and will quit professional poker. 
World Series of Poker braceletsEdit
|2017||$10,000 Tag Team No Limit Hold'em Championship||$273,964|
In 2014, Boeree co-founded Raising for Effective Giving, an organization that promotes a rational approach to philanthropy often referred to as effective altruism, and provides advice on choosing charities based on certain criteria. The organization also publishes an annual guide to effective giving, highlighting which charities may be worthy of receiving funds, and for which ethical reasons. 
From 2011-2013, she co-hosted UK and Ireland Poker Tour, a weekly show that aired on Channel 4 in the UK.
Other appearances include BBC4 Documentary "The Joy of Winning" discussing game theory with Presenter Hannah Fry, BBC Breakfast alongside Boris Becker in September 2010, and on ITV's GMTV by Lorraine Kelly about her European Poker Tour win.
Boeree gave her first TEDx talk at TEDxManchester in February 2018 on the benefits of thinking in probabilities. One month later she spoke at the TED 2018 Conference in Vancouver during their inaugural "TED Unplugged" session. Her topic was "Three Life Lessons from the Poker Table".
Boeree appeared as a guest speaker at Oxford University Union in May 2016, Jesus College, Cambridge in February 2017, the Cheltenham Science Festival in June 2016, Websummit Dublin in Nov 2015 and Effective Altruism Global, Google HQ in San Francisco Aug 2015
Boeree also appeared on Sean M. Carroll's Mindscape podcast (Episode 6 aired on 24 July 2018) to discuss probability and effective altruism.
Boeree has written a number of articles and opinion pieces on various scientific and rationality topics. Her publications include a Vox.com article discussing the philosophical implications of Future of Humanity Institute's 2018 Paper "Dissolving the Fermi Paradox", a Vice Media article on a discovered crystalline pattern in prime numbers and an opinion piece in The Independent on the importance of rational thinking classes in mainstream education.
- "WSOP NEWS: IGOR KURGANOV AND LIV BOEREE WIN 10K TAG TEAM EVENT". www.wsop.com.
- "European Poker Awards winners feature GPL players". 4 May 2016.
- "Martin Jacobson, Liv Boeree Among European Poker Award Winners". 27 March 2015.
- Butt, Robert. "Liv Boeree – Results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 5 December 2008.
- "BBC News - Poker woman from Sittingbourne plays for £2.2m prize".
- "Liv Boeree and Igor Kurganov Win 2017 World Series of Poker $10,000 Tag Team No-Limit Hold'em Championship - Poker News". www.cardplayer.com. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Poker After Dark: Liv Boeree Shreds Final Night of "Voices Carry"". 25 August 2017.
- "2014 European Poker Awards Winners - European Poker Awards". European Poker Awards. 8 February 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "European Poker Awards: Liv Boeree Female Player of the Year - PokerWomenNews". 26 March 2015.
- "European Poker Awards 2015 Award Winners - European Poker Awards". European Poker Awards. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Liv Boeree - Poker Pro and Maxim Model Olivia Boeree".
- "London Royals - Global Poker League".
- "Liv Boeree and Igor Kurganov leave Team Pokerstars". pokersuperagent.com. 21 November 2019. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "News: Liv Boeree on Effective Altruism". www.pokerstrategy.com. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Raising for Effective Giving: About". Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Willis, Max (7 July 2014). "Boeree, Gruissem, Kurganov Team Up For Charity". Poker.co.uk. Archived from the original on 28 October 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Accomplishments - Raising for Effective Giving".
- "News: Liv Boeree on the dangers of Artificial Intelligence". www.pokerstrategy.com. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Zhang, Linch (22 November 2016). "The Poker Pro Who Wants to Save the World". Huffington Post. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "The Mind Control Freaks". Discovery Channel Asia. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Collson, Brett (20 March 2014). "Liv Boeree Featured on Discovery Channel's "The Mind Control Freaks"". PokerNews. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Home — Red Bull Mind Gamers". www.redbullmindgamers.com. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "BBC Four - The Joy of Winning". BBC.
- BBC2, 19 December 2011
- TEDx Talks (20 March 2018). "A Number Speaks a Thousand Words - Liv Boeree - TEDxManchester" – via YouTube.
- Danmeri, Sol (12 April 2018). "Get A FREE Instant SEO Report @ holisticclients.com To Say Thank For Visiting!: Short talks, big energy: Notes from TED Unplugged at TED2018".
- "Liv Boeree - the Oxford Union". www.oxford-union.org. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "2016 The Times Cheltenham Science Festival brochure". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Inspiring Liv Boeree from PokerStars talking as Team Pro. 1 talk". Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Liv Boeree Starring at Effective Altruism Global 2015". CalvinAyre.com. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Why haven't we found aliens yet?".
- Boeree, Liv (14 September 2018). "Researchers Discover a Pattern to the Seemingly Random Distribution of Prime Numbers". Motherboard.
- Boeree, Liv (12 April 2015). "If I were Prime Minister: Rational decision-making classes would be a part of the national curriculum". The Independent.