This article includes a list of references, related reading, or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)
There are seven statistical regions of Hungary created in 1999 by the Law 1999/XCII amending Law 1996/XXI. Regions are groupings of the 19 counties and the capital city.
|Name of the region||Regional centre||Area
|Northern Hungary (Észak-Magyaroszág)||Miskolc||13,428||1,153,714||86|
|Northern Great Plain (Észak-Alföld)||Debrecen||17,749||1,474,383||83|
|Southern Great Plain (Dél-Alföld)||Szeged||18,339||1,262,936||69|
|Central Hungary (Közép-Magyarország)||Budapest||6,919||2,993,948||433|
|Central Transdanubia (Közép-Dunántúl)||Székesfehérvár||11,237||1,060,703||94|
|Western Transdanubia (Nyugat-Dunántúl)||Győr||11,209||983,933||88|
|Southern Transdanubia (Dél-Dunántúl)||Pécs||14,169||900,868||64|
- Northern Hungary includes the counties Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Heves and Nógrád.
- Northern Great Plain includes the counties Hajdú-Bihar, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, and Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg.
- Southern Great Plain includes the counties Bács-Kiskun, Békés and Csongrád-Csanád.
- Central Hungary includes the county of Pest and the capital Budapest.
- Central Transdanubia includes the counties Komárom-Esztergom, Fejér and Veszprém.
- Western Transdanubia includes the counties Győr-Moson-Sopron, Vas, Zala.
- Southern Transdanubia includes the counties Baranya, Somogy and Tolna.
Hungary belongs into the following euroregions:
- Carpathian Euroregion: Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Hajdú-Bihar, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, Heves
- West Pannonia Euroregion: Győr-Moson-Sopron, Vas, Zala
- Danube-Drava-Sava: Baranya
- Danube-Kris-Mures-Tisza (DKMT): Bács-Kiskun, Békés, Csongrád-Csanád, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok
- Ister-Granum Euroregion: Komárom-Esztergom, Nógrád
(Counties sometimes only roughly correspond to euroregions, so overlap is possible.)
- Counties of Hungary
- Districts of Hungary (from 2013)
- Subregions of Hungary (until 2013)
- Administrative divisions of the Kingdom of Hungary (until 1918)
- Administrative divisions of the Kingdom of Hungary (1941–44)
- List of cities and towns of Hungary
- Region (Europe)
- Nomenclature of Territorial Units for Statistics
- ^ "EUROSTAT NUTS2 Population" (PDF). Brussels: EUROSTAT. 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2017.