List of markets in South Korea
Major cities in South Korea typically have several traditional markets, each with vendors selling a wide variety of goods including fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, breads, clothing, textiles, handicrafts, souvenirs, and Korean traditional medicinal items. The Korean word for market is sijang (Korean: 시장) and traditional street markets are called jaerae sijang (Korean: 재래시장) or jeontong sijang (Korean: 전통시장). The market space commonly includes permanent restaurants, pop-up restaurants and food stalls (pojangmacha, Korean: 포장마차, lit. 'covered wagon') that sell traditional Korean cuisine and street food. The Small Enterprise and Market Service (Korean: 소상공인시장진흥공단; previously the Agency for Traditional Market Administration) is responsible for improving the condition of the country's traditional markets with the goal of developing them into prominent tourist attractions.
Markets in South KoreaEdit
The following is a list of retail and wholesale markets in South Korea. The list can contain many different types of markets including street markets, fish markets, farmers' markets, flea markets, and antique markets.
|Bangsan Market||방산시장||Bangsan Sijang||Seoul||Street market|||
|Busan Cooperative Fish Market||부산공동어시장||Busan Gongdong Eosijang||釜山共同魚市場||Busan||Fish market|||
|Daemyeong Market||대명시장||Daemyeong Sijang||Seoul||Street market|||
|Daesong Agricultural Market||대송농수산물시장||Daesong Nongsusanmul Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Dongdaemun Market||동대문시장||Dongdaemun Sijang||東大門市場||Seoul||Street market||Previously named: Baeugaejang (배우개장) then Gwangjang Market (광장시장)|
|Eonyang Market||언양시장||Eonyang Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Garak Market||가락시장||Garak Sijang||可樂市場||Seoul||Fish market|||
|Gukje Market||국제시장||Gukje Sijang||國際市場||Busan||Street market||Also called Nampodong International Market|
|Gwangjang Market||광장시장||Gwangjang Sijang||廣藏市場||Seoul||Street market||Previously named Dongdaemun Market (동대문시장)|
|Gyeongdong Market||경동시장||Gyeongdong Sijang||京東市場||Seoul||Traditional medicine|||
|Hwanghak-dong Flea Market||황학동 벼룩시장||Hwanghak-dong Byeoruk Sijang||黃鶴洞 벼룩市場||Seoul||Flea market||Also called Dokkaebi Market (도깨비시장)|
|Jagalchi Market||자갈치시장||Jagalchi Sijang||Busan||Fish market|||
|Namdaemun Market||남대문시장||Namdaemun Sijang||南大門市場||Seoul||Street market||The oldest and largest street market in South Korea|
|Noryangjin Fisheries Wholesale Market||노량진수산시장||Noryangjin Susan Sijang||鷺梁津水産市場||Seoul||Fish market||Previously named Gyeongseong Susan (경성수산)|
|Seomun Market||서문시장||Seomun Sijang||西門市場||Daegu||Street market||Largest street market in Daegu|
|Seongdong Market||성동시장||Seongdong Sijang||城東市場||Gyeongju||Street market||Largest street market in Gyeongju|
|Sinjeong Market||신정시장||Sinjeong Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Suam Market||수암시장||Su-am Sijang||秀岩市場||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Taehwa Comprehensive Market||태화종합시장||Taehwa Jonghap Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Ulsan Central Market||울산중앙시장||Ulsan Jung-ang Sijang||蔚山中央市場||Ulsan||Street market||Largest street market in Ulsan|
|Ulsan Lightning Market||울산번개시장||Ulsan Beongae Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Ulsan Wholesale Agricultural and Fish Market||울산 농수산물 도매시장||Ulsan Nongsusanmul Domaesijang||Ulsan||Fish & Produce market|||
|Wolbong Market||월봉시장||Wolbong Sijang||Ulsan||Street market|||
|Yaeum Market||야음시장||Ya-eum Sijang||也音市場||Ulsan||Street market|||
- Han, Rachel Sang-hee (30 November 2011). "Seoul: 24 hours, 24 adventures". CNN. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Goldberg, Lina (22 February 2013). "Asia's 10 greatest street food cities". CNN. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Park, Si-soo (22 August 2012). "Traditional markets epitomize Korean culture". The Korea Times. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "2013 SMBA Policy Briefing (Realizing a Creative Economy Where People's Imaginations Create Wealth and Jobs)". 25 March 2013. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Park, Tae-soon (2008). My Country, My Nature (나의 국토 나의 산하). p. 39.
- '수산물 유통 중심' 부산공동어시장 42년 만에 새 단장. MK증권 (in Korean). 3 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- 서울 금천구 대명시장 상설시장. Traveli (in Korean). Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- 울산시 메르스 극복 전통시장 장보기 캠페인. NEWSIS (in Korean). 25 June 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- Dongdaemun Market. (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia.
- 울산 언양시장 명품화 계획 마련. News Zum (in Korean). 8 May 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- 서울가락동농수산물종합도매시장 (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 5 May 2008.[permanent dead link]
- Cha, Frances (29 July 2013). "Best of Busan: What to do in Korea's 'second city'". CNN. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- 광장시장 '빈대떡 대통령', 노점 음식의 공식을 새로 쓰다 [Gwangjang Market "The President of Bindaetteok", Opens New Official Food Stalls]. No Cut News (in Korean). 3 November 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- 경동시장 京東市場 (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 5 May 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Attractions close to the Cheonggye Stream". KBS. Archived from the original on 2 October 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- 부산자갈치시장 (in Korean). Empas / EncyKorea. Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- "50 must-visit traditional markets in Korea" CNN. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Old fish market to get new, grander lease on life". The Korean Overseas Culture and Information Service (KOIS). Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- 100여년 역사 이어온 '큰장'...없는 것 빼고 다 있다. 대구신문 (in Korean). 19 August 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Song (송), Won-ho (원호) (4 March 2005). 경주,재래시장 현대화 사업에 62억원 투자 (in Korean). Daegu Shinmun. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- 신정시장 먹거리골목 아케이드 공사 2년만에 '재개'. NEWSIS (in Korean). 10 June 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- 식이요법·꾸준한 운동으로 뼈건강 신경써주이소. UlsanPress (in Korean). 14 July 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- 태화시장의 부활. New Daily (Economy) (뉴데일리경제) (in Korean). 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- [울산재래시장] 볼거리, 먹을거리 가득! 옥교동 중앙시장. 울산누리 (Ulsan Nuri) (in Korean). 12 February 2013. Archived from the original on 18 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- 울산 남구, 번개시장 사랑축제 성료. NEWSIS (in Korean). 26 May 2015. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- 울산 농수산물도매시장 이전, 사실상 '백지화'. OhmyNews (in Korean). 25 September 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- 동구 월봉시장 새단장. Gyeongsang Ilbo (경상일보) (in Korean). 7 January 2005. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- 무조건 약 찾기보다 진료 받으시는게 더 좋아요. UlsanPress (in Korean). 21 August 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Markets in South Korea.|