|Billionaire||Spaceflight||Launch Date||Landing Date||Notes|
|Dennis Tito||Space Adventures / MirCorp ISS EP-1 (Soyuz TM-32/TM-31)||28 April 2001||6 May 2001||First billionaire in space, orbital space; first space tourist to the International Space Station|||
|Mark Shuttleworth||Space Adventures ISS EP-3 (Soyuz TM-34/TM-33)||25 April 2002||2 May 2002||First insured space tourist; First South African, first person from Africa in space, orbital space; second space tourist to the International Space Station||     |
|Charles Simonyi||Space Adventures Soyuz TMA-10/TMA-9||7 April 2007||21 April 2007||First spaceflight||First two-time space tourist|||||
|Space Adventures Soyuz TMA-13/TMA-12||26 March 2009||8 April 2009||Second spaceflight|||
|Guy Laliberté||Space Adventures Soyuz TMA-16/TMA-14||30 September 2009||11 October 2009||First Canadian space tourist; Last space tourist before the U.S. STS Space Shuttle programme shut down, and increase in long-term ISS crew to 6, leading to a decade without space tourist flights to the ISS|||
|Richard Branson||Virgin Galactic Unity 22||11 July 2021||11 July 2021||First billionaire to fly in his own spacecraft into space, above the 80km McDowell line to suborbital space; First fully occupied SpaceShipTwo flight|||
|Jeff Bezos||Blue Origin NS-16||20 July 2021||20 July 2021||First billionaire to fly in his own spacecraft above the 100km Karman line into suborbital space; First wholly commercial civilian flightcrew-less flight into space, suborbital space; First crewed Blue Origin launch|||
|Jared Isaacman||SpaceX Shift4 Inspiration4||15 September 2021||18 September 2021||First wholly commercial civilian flightcrew-less flight into orbital space; Fourth crewed SpaceX launch|||
|Yusaku Maezawa||Space Adventures Soyuz MS-20||8 December 2021||20 December 2021||First spaceflight||Maezawa is set to become the first tourist around the Moon|||||
|SpaceX dearMoon||TBA||TBA||Circumlunar flight aboard SpaceX's Starship|||
|Larry Connor||Axiom/SpaceX Ax-1||21 February 2022||21 February 2022||First flight for AxiomSpace, first private spaceflight to the International Space Station|||
|Eytan Stibbe||Axiom/SpaceX Ax-1||First Israeli space tourist. Second Israeli in space, orbital space.|||
|John Shoffner||Axiom/SpaceX Ax-2||2022 H2||2022 H2|||
|Currently in space|
|Scheduled future flight|
- Delia Marinescu (8 June 2021). "A Very Brief History of Billionaires Going to Space". Slate.
- "Billionaire tycoons set for joyrides to space". The Straits Times. 12 July 2021.
- John Uri (30 April 2020). "Space Station 20th: Space Flight Participants". NASA Johnson Space Center: NASA History. NASA.
- Joel Achenbach (20 November 2013). "Billionaire plans manned flyby mission to Mars". The Toronto Star.
- Will Knight (20 April 2002). ""Space tourist" insists on pioneering role". New Scientist.
- Steve Ranger (19 January 2017). "How Mark Shuttleworth became the first African in space and launched a software revolution". Tech Republic.
- "South African to Become First Insured Space Tourist". Bloomberg. 24 April 2002.
- "SA billionaire Shuttleworth loses R250 million tax case". BusinessTech. RDM News. 18 June 2015.
- Maria Danilova (21 April 2007). "Space billionaire returns to Earth". NBC News.
- Jordan Novet (27 February 2020). "Microsoft 71-year-old billionaire Charles Simonyi still goes to work". CNBC.
- Clara Moskowitz (24 March 2009). "U.S. Billionaire Set For 2nd Trip to Space". SPACE.com.
- Steven Bertoni (9 June 2011). "Why Cirque Du Soleil Billionaire Guy Laliberte Traveled To Space". Forbes.
- CBC News (4 June 2009). "Cirque du Soleil founder to become 1st Canadian space tourist". CBC.
- Joey Roulette (26 January 2021). "Axiom names first private crew paying $55 million for a trip to the ISS". The Verge.
- Chelsea Gohd (12 July 2021). "Virgin Galactic Launches Richard Branson to Space in First Fully Crewed Flight of VSS Unity". Scientific American.
- Elliot Santiago (20 July 2021). "Jeff Bezos and the Blue Origin Crew Successfully Complete Their Flight to Space". hypebeast.
- Marcia Dunn (14 May 2021). "Japanese tycoon to warm up for his trip to the Moon by going to the International Space Station". STUFF.co.nz.
- Sissi Cao (18 August 2021). "Billionaire Who Bought SpaceX's Moon Trip Selects Finalists to Join Him on the Voyage". Observer.
- Christian Davenport (26 January 2021). "Meet the people paying $55 million each to fly to the space station". The Washington Post.
- Katie Kapusta (27 February 2021). "Meet Larry Connor — The Man Piloting First-Ever Private Mission to the International Space Station". Spectrum News 1.
- Hagai Amit; Shuki Sadeh (17 November 2020). "Made Millions in Africa, Taking Tom Cruise's Seat: Meet Eytan Stibbe, Billionaire Israeli Space Passenger". Haaretz.
- Christian Davenport (26 May 2021). "Billionaire is latest to buy trip to space". The National Post.