This is a list of video games for the Nintendo 64 video game console that have sold or shipped at least one million copies. The best-selling game on the Nintendo 64 is Super Mario 64. First released in Japan on June 23, 1996, it was a launch title for the system and the first Super Mario game to use three-dimensional graphics. The game went on to sell nearly 12 million units worldwide. Mario Kart 64, the second in the Mario Kart series, is the second-best-selling game on the platform, with sales of more than 9.8 million units. The console's top five is rounded out by Rare's GoldenEye 007 in third, with sales of just over 8 million units, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in fourth, with 7.6 million units sold worldwide, and Super Smash Bros. in fifth, with sales of more than 5.5 million units.
There are a total of 46 Nintendo 64 games on this list which are confirmed to have sold or shipped at least one million units. Of these, 13 were developed by internal Nintendo development divisions. Other developers with the most million-selling games include Rare and AKI Corporation, with seven and four games respectively in the list of 46. Of the 46 games on this list, 32 were published in one or more regions by Nintendo. Other publishers with multiple million-selling games include THQ with four games, Rare with three games, and Acclaim Entertainment with two games. The most popular franchises on Nintendo 64 include Pokémon (14.55 million combined units), The Legend of Zelda (10.96 million combined units), Donkey Kong (10.15 million combined units), and Star Wars (7.87 million combined units).
|†||Game was bundled with Nintendo 64 consoles during its lifetime|
- Only developers and publishers for the original release of each game are listed.
- Only the initial release date on this platform is listed.
- O'Malley, James (September 11, 2015). "30 Best-Selling Super Mario Games of All Time on the Plumber's 30th Birthday". Gizmodo. Univision Communications. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Serafino, Jay (September 26, 2016). "10 Game-Changing Facts About the Nintendo 64". Mental Floss. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "March 25, 2004". The Magic Box. Archived from the original on November 26, 2005. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Hansen, Steven (October 26, 2016). "More like Mario Kart 8 million: Here are the Wii U and 3DS best-sellers". Destructoid. ModernMethod. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- 2021CESAゲーム白書 (2021 CESA Games White Papers). Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association. 2021. ISBN 978-4-902346-43-5.
- "Happy Birthday Banjo!". Computer and Video Games. July 17, 2008. Archived from the original on July 18, 2008. Retrieved March 17, 2021.
- "Behind the scenes of Excitebike 64". GamesTM. Future plc. December 17, 2015. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "US Platinum Game Chart". The Magic Box. Archived from the original on April 21, 2007. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Watts, Martin (August 3, 2013). "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Review - N64". Nintendo Life. Gamer Network. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Acclaim Ships Over 1.4 Million Units of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil". Spectrum. Motion Blur Media. January 11, 1999. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Nintendo 64". Game Data Library. Famitsu. Retrieved 27 December 2020.