List of The Great British Bake Off Star Bakers
The Great British Bake Off is a British television baking competition to find Britain's best amateur baker. The show premiered in 2010, and as of 2015, six series have been completed. From series two onwards, the judges have given the award of "Star Baker" to a single baker (though on some occasions there have been multiple) who was seen to have excelled in that particular week.
The award is given by judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry (later Prue Leith), and numerous bakers have received the accolade on more than one occasion. For example, Ruby Tandoh in series four won the title of Star Baker three times. Currently, Richard Burr has won the title the most times, winning it five of a possible nine times. Winners of the programme usually have received the award at some point, but being the overall winner is not counted as winning the accolade.
List of bakersEdit
- – Winner
- – Runner-up
- – Currently participating
|Baker||Age (on show debut)||Position Reached||Series||No. of times won star baker|
|Danielle "Danny" Brydon||45||3||1|
- The contestant who progressed the furthest without winning Star Baker is Mary-Anne Boermans, who is the one of the runners-up of series 2; she later won the first episode of the Great Christmas Bake Off.
- In series six of the programme, contestant Paul Jagger was awarded a "special commendation" for his bread sculpture.
- "Great British Bake Off semi-final, review: Richard remains the baker to beat as Chetna begins to flake". The Independent. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Kate Rees. "Great British Bake Off recap: Richard is the dough whisperer but Martha can't rise to the occasion". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Neil Midgley (15 October 2013). "The Great British Bake Off, semi-final, review". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Great British Bake Off 2015: Is this the best showstopper round ever?". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2015-11-11.