List of NATO exercises
This is a List of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) exercises.
- Mainbrace - Defence of Denmark and Norway during September 1952.
- 200 ships
- over 50,000 personnel
- Exercise Grand Slam in the Mediterranean Sea
- Exercise Longstep in the Mediterranean Sea
- Exercise Italic Weld, a combined air-naval-ground exercise in northern Italy during August 1953
- Exercise Grand Repulse during September 1953
- Exercise Monte Carlo, a simulated atomic air-ground exercise during September 1953
- Exercise Weldfast, a combined amphibious landing exercise in the Mediterranean Sea during October 1953
- American, British, Greek, Italian and Turkish naval forces.
- Operation Counter Punch during 1957
- Operation Strikeback during 1957
- Operation Deep Water during 1957
- Exercise Reforger was an annual exercise and campaign conducted from 1969 to 1993
- Northern Wedding was a NATO Cold War naval military exercise, designed to test NATO's ability to rearm and resupply Europe from 1970 to 1986
- Baldwin, Hanson (28 September 1952). "Navies Meet the Test in Operation Mainbrace". New York Times: E7. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Ismay, Hastings (17 September 2001). "The increase in strength". NATO the first five years 1949–1954. NATO. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Emergency Call". Time. 30 September 1957. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- AirForces Monthly. Stamford, Lincolnshire, England: Key Publishing Ltd. April 2016. p. 8.