List of California state high school football champions
Below is a list of California state and regional high school football champions sanctioned by the California Interscholastic Federation since the organization began holding state championship games in 2006. High schools in the state are divided into four divisions (three prior to 2008) based roughly on enrollment; since 2008, there has also been an Open Division for which all schools are eligible. Starting in 2015, a new format was implemented to increase the number of state bowl games from 5 to 13, thus allowing every CIF Section champion to qualify.
Northern California ChampionsEdit
Southern California ChampionsEdit
- Listed in years from 2006-2011 is Regional Selection for each division. Regional Games began in 2012.
- Open Division regional champions are selected effective 2014 and advance directly to Open Division State Championship. Listed in respective years is Open Division regional selection.
- Due to the number of section divisions, a play-in game is conducted in the North for Division VI-AA and Division VI-A. Listed in respective years is result of Division VI-AA North play-in game and Division VI-A North play-in game. These games were discontinued for 2018 and replaced with an additional division: Division 7AA.
- Three teams had byes in the NorCal divisions in 2018 due to NCS foregoing the NorCal regional games due to delays from the 2018 Camp Fire. In 4AA the NCS D2 winner would have represented, in 5A NCS D4, in 6A NCS D5.
- The Northern California Division 2AA championship won by Del Oro was vacated due to the use of an ineligible player.
- State Football Championship Results - Retrieved September 2, 2013
- 2013 State Football Divisions - Retrieved September 2, 2013
- MaxPreps California Bowl Game Rankings - Retrieved September 12, 2015
- 2013 CIF State Football Championship Bowl Games - Retrieved August 27, 2014