Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (referred to as LUCT, LKW or Limkokwing) is a private international university with a presence across Africa, Europe, and Asia. With its main campus in Malaysia, the university has over 30,000 students from more than 150 countries, studying in its 12 other campuses in Botswana, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Lesotho, Sierra Leone, Swaziland and the United Kingdom. It is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities (ASIC).
Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology (2000–2010),Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (1991–2000)
|Motto||Driving Innovation for Education|
|President||Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Lim Kok Wing|
|Location||Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Campus||Cyberjaya, Kuching, Malacca, Jakarta, Bali, Phnom Penh, Beijing, Gaborone, Maseru, Sierra Leone, Yemen, London|
Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (as it was then known) was established in 1991 by founder and namesake Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Lim Kok Wing.
In 2002 the institute became the first private college to be recognised as a University College.
He established Wings Creative Consultants in 1975.
- The Limkokwing Bali campus in the island of Bali, Indonesia.
- The Limkokwing Borneo campus is in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, Malaysia's largest state on the island of Borneo. The campus was launched in Kuching on 19 February 2009, marking the second campus for Limkokwing University of Creative Technology in Malaysia.
- The Limkokwing Botswana campus is in the country's capital, Gaborone, and was launched on 14 May 2007.
- Limkokwing Cambodia is in Phnom Penh.
- Limkokwing Lesotho is located in Maseru, the capital of Kingdom of Lesotho. The campus was launched by the Right Honorable Prime Minister Pakalitha Mosisili on 15 October 2008. The occasion marked the first entry of a Malaysian university into Lesotho and the establishment of Limkokwing's second campus in Africa.
- The Limkokwing Malaysian campus is the flagship campus. It is in Cyberjaya, a township in Malaysia. The Limkokwing campus in Cyberjaya is home to 9,500 students from nearly 145 countries. The campus is the winner of the Highest Enrolment of Foreign Students Award and Special Award for Globalizing Malaysian Education from the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Export Excellence Award from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- Limkokwing London is in the centre of London at Chancery Lane.
- The Limkokwing Mbabane campus is around the border of Mbabane, Swaziland neighboring Waterford Kamhlaba.
Limkokwing offers foundation, diploma, degree, masters, DBA, PHD, language, and professional courses.
The university offers these programmes through seven faculties:
- Design Innovation
- Multimedia Creativity
- Media and Broadcasting
- Information Technology and Computing
- Business Management and Globalization
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Civil Engineering
And through three schools:
- The Sound and Music Academy
- Film and Television Academy
- The International Lifestyle Design Academy
Global University CampusEdit
The Global University Campus programme provides students with a short, intense learning experience in the design and business capital of the world: London.
Students who sign up for the programme will take part in specialised workshops, cultural visits, and lectures by guest speakers from leading industries. They cab expect to learn new strategies, design ideas, key business ethics and develop skills needed to give an edge upon graduation.
Previous Global University Campus students have visited and listened to industry speakers from HSBC, Adidas, Apple, Bank of England, Jaguar, Aardman Animations, BBC, Google and other multinational companies on top of visiting world-famous historical and cultural landmarks in London.
The university has been granted a number of awards:
- Global Innovation Leadership in Education
- Outstanding Achievement in Web Development for Education Standard of Excellence, Portal Standard of Excellence, University Standard of Excellence
- The International Arch of Europe Award for Quality, Leadership, Technology and Innovation a vanity award
- The Commander of the Most Meritorious Order of Mohlomi by His Majesty King Letsie III of the Kingdom of Lesotho
The consortium is made up of institutions that partner with Limkokwing University. These include:
Limkokwing through its training arm, Malaysia Design Innovation Centre (MDI), have signed memoranda of understanding (MoU) with industry partners. One of the objectives is to lend support to state governments, quasi-government organisations, multinationals, and small- and medium-size industries or enterprises in enhancing their creative capacity.
Through the resources of the university and MDI, the partners co-operate in areas such as brand development, packaging design, and research and development.
|2012||251-300||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2013||251-300||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2014||251-300||QS Asian University Rankings|
|2015||251-300||QS Asian University Rankings|
- ,"Limkokwing University: History". Archived from the original on 22 August 2009.
- Limkokwing University: Dr Lim Kok Wing, archived from the original on 23 October 2010
- Limkokwing University: Founder
- Limkokwing University: Campuses, archived from the original on 23 October 2010
- Limkokwing University: About, archived from the original on 19 June 2009
- The Star Online: Limkokwing to set up more campuses
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Bali
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Borneo
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Botswana
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Cambodia
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Cambodia (facilities), archived from the original on 18 September 2010
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Lesotho
- Limkokwing University: Campuses – Malaysia
- Study In Malaysia: Limkokwing University Profile, archived from the original on 16 July 2011
- Limkokwing campuses
- "Limkokwing University Courses". Archived from the original on 11 December 2010.
- ,"Limkokwing University: Hotcourses profile".
- "Global Campus @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology". limkokwing.net. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- ,"President Awards". Archived from the original on 13 September 2010.
- "Limkokwing wins Global Innovation Leadership Award in New York".
- "Limkokwing University wins at 2010 Web Award Competition".
- "International Arch of Europe Award".
- ,"Limkokwing University Partners". Archived from the original on 23 October 2010.
- "Limkokwing University of Creative Technology". Quacquarelli Symonds. Retrieved 17 September 2015.