Robert Lance Barksdale (born March 8, 1967) is an American umpire in Major League Baseball (MLB). He began umpiring in the major leagues on a fill-in basis in 2000 and was promoted to a full-time major-league position in 2006.
Barksdale umpiring in the 2013 World Baseball Classic
|Born: March 8, 1967|
|May 29, 2000|
|Career highlights and awards|
Barksdale umpired in the minor leagues from 1993 to 2006. His minor league service included the Appalachian League, the South Atlantic League, the Florida State League, the Florida Instructional League, the Southern League, the Pacific Coast League, the Arizona Fall League and the International League.
Barksdale was at first base on August 7, 2004 for Greg Maddux's 300th win and also at first base on June 1, 2012, when Johan Santana threw a no-hitter. He has also umpired in the World Baseball Classic in 2009 and 2013, the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in 2012, the Wild Card Game in 2013 and 2017, the Division Series in 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2019, the Championship Series in 2017 and the World Series in 2019.
- "Lance Barksdale". Retrosheet.org. Retrosheet. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Lance Barksdale 23". MLB.com. Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Press Release: Barksdale Added to Major League Staff". MLB.com. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Cincinnati Reds at Arizona Diamondbacks Box Score, May 8, 2001 | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com.
- Maddux first NL pitcher to 300 since Carlton ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 June 2012
- Boxscore: St. Louis vs. NY Mets - June 1, 2012 MLB.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012
- Gerry Davis named home plate ump ESPN.com. Retrieved 3 July 2012
-  ESPN.com Retrieved 29 September 2013
- Gartland, Dan. "Bad Umpiring Was the Story of World Series Game 5". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "Prior to Game 6, World Series umpires say goodbye to one of their own". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "Umpire Lance Barksdale blames catcher for blown call". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-10-30.