Laal Rang (transl. Red colour) is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language crime-action drama film directed by Syed Ahmad Afzal and produced by Nitika Thakur and Krian Media. Randeep Hooda, Akshay Oberoi, and Piaa Bajpai star in the lead roles in the film. The film is set in Haryana and revolves around the crimes in Blood banks and how the people involved in it get affected. The film released on 22 April 2016.
|Directed by||Syed Ahmad Afzal|
|Produced by||Nitika Thakur, Krian Media|
|Written by||Syed Ahmad Afzal|
|Music by||Mathias Duplessy|
|Edited by||Shounok Ghosh|
|Distributed by||Krian Media|
|Budget||₹ 10 crore|
|Box office||est.₹ 19 crore|
Rajesh(Akshay Oberoi) is a youngster who is in love with a fellow student Poonam(Piaa Bajpai). Rajesh meets Shankar(Randeep Hooda) who runs an illegal blood bank. Shankar also has had a heartbreak through a Punjabi girl Rashi(Meenakshi Dixit) whom he still misses. Though initially, Rajesh is not aware of Shankar's illegal trades, he likes it the instant he comes to know about it and gets involved in earning quick money to impress Poonam. Slowly as the business kicks off, Rajesh starts showing off his money to Poonam. The cops who have got the hint of this business are also closing in on the illegal activity led by the Superintendent of police (Rajniesh Duggall). In the end, Shankar declares his crime to the police and gets arrested, saving Rajesh and Poonam's relation. Five years later, Shankar is finally released from the prison and he reunites with Rajesh and Poonam. The couple had a son who was named Shankar.
- Randeep Hooda as Shankar Singh Malik
- Akshay Oberoi as Rajesh Dhiman
- Rajniesh Duggall as SP Gajraj Singh
- Pia Bajpai as Poonam Sharma
- Meenakshi Dixit as Raashi
- Shreya Narayan as Neelam
- Rajendra Sethi as Pushpendra
- Ashutosh Kaushik as Vishnu
- Jaihind Kumar as Harnaam
- Abhimanue Arun as Suraj aka Draculla
- Kumar Saurabh as Shani Baba
- Rehan Kidwai as Dr. Sabharwal
- Sanjay Dumroo as Mithuniya
- Kulvinder Baksshish as Naresh
- Pall Singh as Prakash
- Atul Chouthmal as Sub Inspector Swaraj
- Pushkar Anand as Prahlad
Mohar Basu of The Times of India gave it 2 stars out of 5, wrote that film is half-baked and unconvincing. Despite the grit, it never becomes a riveting film. Rohit Vats of Hindustan Times gave it 3 stars out of 5, wrote that movie has a shade grey and is much more high voltage than an ordinary thriller. Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave it 1.5 stars out of 5, quoted that film is meant to be based on two `real life’ incidents, but it doesn't tell us which. Anna MM Vetticad of Firstpost criticized that title is hot but film is not.
|1.||"Bhaang Ragad Ke"||Vipin Patwa||Vikas Kumar, Vipin Patwa||5:54|
|2.||"Bawli Booch"||Vipin Patwa||Vikas Kumar||3:49|
|3.||"Mera Mann"||Shiraz Uppal||Shiraz Uppal, Kashif Ali||4:21|
|4.||"Aye Khuda"||Shiraz Uppal||Mukhtiyar Ali, Sameer Khan||3:18|
|5.||"Laali"||Mathias Duplessy||Sameer Khan||3:23|
|6.||"Kharch Karod"||Vipin Patwa||Vikas Kumar||2:24|
|7.||"Kharch Karod (Slow)"||Vipin Patwa||Vikas Kumar||2:26|
- "Seeing red: Randeep Hooda is out for blood in Laal Rang - The National". thenational.ae. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Laal Rang - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Laal Rang Hindi movie". Reliance Home Video & Games.
- "Yeh Laal Rang". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Randeep Hooda is chilled out, says Pia Bajpai". The Times of India. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Laal Rang (2016) : IMDb
- "Laal Rang Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Laal Rang review: Randeep Hooda shines in this dark Haryanvi tale". hindustantimes.com. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Laal Rang movie review: Randeep Hooda is a true-blue Jat and can and does sound authentic". indianexpress.com. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "'Laal Rang' review: Randeep Hooda, the topic are hot, but the film is not". firstpost.com. 23 April 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Review: Randeep Hooda shines in Laal Rang". rediff.com. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Laal Rang Movie Review - NDTV Movies". ndtv.com. Retrieved 29 May 2017.