La Colle is a northwestern residential area in the Principality of Monaco, part of the traditional Quartier of Moneghetti. It was also one of the ten modern administrative wards of Monaco until 2013, when it was merged with Les Révoires to form Jardin exotique.
|• Total||0.188073 km2 (0.072615 sq mi)|
La Colle lies on the north western side of the principality, just north of Fontvieille. La Colle is generally considered part of Moneghetti, even though it was its own administrative ward. It runs directly along the neighbouring French towns of Beausoleil and Cap-d'Ail, as well as the Monégasque wards of Les Révoires (formerly), Fontvieille and Moneghetti.
La Colle was the second-smallest ward in Monaco in terms of population (Monaco-Ville is the smallest), as well as the third-smallest in terms of land size. La Colle had a population of 2,829 and an area of 0.11 square kilometres (0.042 sq mi).
La Colle takes after Fontvieille in being one of the more industrial areas in Monaco. For instance Venturi and its subsidiary Voxan have an eco-friendly factory located here. Its location within Monaco helps to expedite shipping; located more on the outside of the city, manufacturing causes little problem to Monaco's high end tourist industry.
Even though La Colle is more industrialized, there is real estate along the Les Révoires-La Colle border. Because La Colle's location more outside the city center, its real estate sales are generally less. Averaging 13% to 18% less than neighboring Fontvieille or La Condamine.
La Colle is more of an industrial area, but some small hotels can be found here, helping Monaco's high end tourist industry.
- Saige, Gustave (1897). Monaco (in French). Imprimerie de Monaco.
- Practical Guide to Nice, Monaco, Beaulieu and the Alps (in French). Société des guides Pol. 1907.
- 2012 Statistics
- MAP Technical Reports Series. UNEP. 1989.
- Monaco – Geography / About Monaco / Monaco Official Site
- Census 2008
- The Education System in Monaco Archived 2012-11-03 at the Wayback Machine
- "Schooling and Education in Monaco". Angloinfo Monaco. Angloinfo. Archived from the original on 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2016-06-15.
- Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace – Monaco Archived 2012-11-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Monaco – Walks / Places to visit / Monaco Official Site
- Venturi aujourd'hui / Entreprise / Accueil – Venturi Archived 2010-10-03 at archive.today
- Real Estate Monaco La Colle
- Real Estate Monaco