Dil Hi Toh Hai
Dil Hi Toh Hai (English: It Is The Heart Afterall) is a romantic drama that is created and produced by Ekta Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms. It airs on Sony TV and streams on Alt Balaji. It premiered on 18 June 2018 and stars Karan Kundra and Yogita Bihani..
|Dil Hi Toh Hai|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Screenplay by||Mallika Dutt Gharde|
|Story by||Priya Ramanathan|
|Directed by||Muzzammil Desai |
|Creative director(s)||Gargi Malwankar |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||124|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||18 June 2018 –|
|Officially available on altbalaji.com|
The show highlights the story of the Noon family. The Noons are a modern-day family. Vijaypath Noon (Bijay Anand), one of the top entrepreneurs of India, and owner of the pharmaceutical company Noon Biotech is a Punjabi at heart. He is a doting son to his mother (Shahoor Agha), a caring and loving father to his five children - Ritvik (Karan Kundra), Rishabh (Akshay Dogra/Chaitanya Choudhury), Reeva (Gurpreet Kaur Bedi), Shanaya (Pooja Jadhav) and Shivam (Gautam Ahuja), and a loving husband to his wife, Mamta (Poonam Dhillon/Rajeshwari Sachdev).
Ritvik, who is a prolific pharmaceutical entrepreneur, doesn’t believe in love, and believes women are gold diggers and can’t be trusted. This angst is a result of a deeply troubled childhood, wherein his birth mother had abandoned his father and him for a more prosperous life.
On the other hand, Dr. Palak Sharma ( Yogita Bihani) is a middle class girl with strong values and principles. She chose a career in the field of medicine after she lost her brother due to consumption of incorrect medicines administered by a hospital.
Ritvik's and Palak's paths cross on a cold wintry night. Palak's friend, Aarohi (Pooja Banerjee), is heartbroken due to her recent break-up with Ritvik and fears she must have gotten pregnant. She tells her friends - Palak and Shweta/Setu (Asmita Sood), that Ritvik hadn’t promised her any commitment. Ritvik calls and tells Aarohi he has found another girlfriend. Aarohi finds out she isn't pregnant but breaks down at the thought of having lost Ritvik. Aarohi goes to Ritvik's home to rekindle their romance but Palak follows her to prevent her from getting hurt again. At the house, Ritvik kisses Palak in a dark room mistaking her to be his girlfriend. Palak is fuming realising her first kiss is with Ritvik.
Eventually, Ritvik and Palak become friends but when Samar (Aman Chahal), Reeva's ex fiance, and Radhika (Afreen Nasir Dastani), Palak's mother Manjeet's assistant (Ritu Vij/Roma Bali) elope, Ritvik misunderstands Palak who wasn't involved. Hurt by Ritvik, Palak quits her job and moves to Mumbai.
3 Months LaterEdit
Setu and Rohit (Krishna Shetty), Ritvik's friend, are now about to get married. Setu begs Palak to come to Delhi. Rohit's sister, Ananya (Poulomi Das), gets engaged to Ritvik. When Setu's ex-husband, Kabir, cooks up a story about how Setu left him because he did not have money, Ritvik breaks the engagement. Rohit and Ritvik drift apart till Rohit convinces him of the truth about Setu and Palak. Ritvik requests Palak to stay in Delhi and help him reunite Rohit and Setu. Meanwhile, Reeva tries to incite Ananya against Palak.
Rohit and Setu decide to elope. Ritvik and Palak try bringing them back and the four are chased by goons. Palak and Ritvik grow close and they share a kiss. When they get back to safety, Ritvik convinces Alok to accept Rohit and Setu.
Ritvik confesses his love for Palak but their parents disapprove. Vijaypath asks Ritvik to sign a prenuptial agreement prepared by Rishabh. This causes misunderstandings between Palak and Ritvik and they break up. Palak's marriage is fixed with Naman (Aly Goni). On her wedding day, Ritvik realises that Rishabh lied to him about the agreement and crashes Palak's wedding wanting her back. Naman steps away to let the lovers reunite and Ritvik and Palak are married but Manjeet gets Ritvik arrested. Vijay refuses to accept the marriage and disowns Ritvik under Rishabh's influence.
Palak starts working for Vikrant unaware that he is Ritvik's half-brother (his birth mother's son). Vijay tells Ritvik that Palak and Vikrant are having an affair.
- Bijay Anand as Vijaypath Noon, Ritvik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's father, Rishabh's stepfather, Mamta's second husband
- Shahoor Agha as Mrs Noon, Vijaypath's mother, Ritvik, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's grandmother
- Poonam Dhillon/Rajeshwari Sachdev as Mamta Vijaypath Noon, Vijaypath's second wife, Rishabh, Reeva, Shivam and Shanaya's mother, Ritvik's stepmother
- Akshay Dogra/ Chaitanya Choudhury as Rishabh, Mamta's son from her first marriage and Vijaypath's adoptive son
- Sudeepa Singh as Saanchi, Rishabh's wife
- Gurpreet Kaur Bedi as Reeva Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's older daughter, Aman's love interest
- Gautam Ahuja as Shivam Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's son
- Pooja Jadhav as Shanaya Noon, Vijaypath and Mamta's younger daughter
- Ritu Vij/ Roma Bali as Manjeet Sharma, Palak's mother and a wedding planner
- Sanjay Batra as Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's father
- Madhuri Pandey as Meera Alok Puri, Rohit and Ananya's mother
- Aman Chahal as Samar, Reeva's ex-fiancé, Radhika's husband
- Afreen Nasir Dastani as Radhika, Manjeet's assistant in wedding planning, and Samar's wife
- Sandeep Rajora as Samar's father
- Aradhna Uppal as Samar's mother
- Farida Dadi as Taari
- Paras Arora as Vikraant Raheja
- Tuhina Vohra as Geeta Raheja
- Abhinav Kapoor as Aman, Taari's grandson
- Poulomi Das as Ananya Puri, Ritvik's former fiancée, Rohit's sister
- Aly Goni as Naman Kapoor, Palak's former fiancé
- Bhavya Sachdeva as Sanjeev Kapoor, Naman's younger brother
- Pooja Banerjee as Aarohi, Setu & Palak's friend
- Keith Sequeira/Mukul Harish as Vivek, Ritvik's friend, Aarohi's employer and love interest
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as a surgeon
- Asmita Sood as Shweta Rohit Puri (Setu), Palak's best friend and Rohit's wife
- Krishna Shetty as Rohit Puri, Setu's second husband, Ritvik's best friend and Ananya's older brother
- Gaurav Venkatesh as Robin, Ritvik's secretary
- Manoj Chandila as Kabir, Rohit and Ritvik's friend, Setu's former husband
- Shiny Doshi as a guest at Reeva's engagement
- Anjum Fakih as a performer at Ritvik and Ananya's sangeet
- Ekta Kapoor on Dil Hi Toh Hai, ‘There Will Be Sex Education to the Younger Kids, It Is a Today’s Take on a Family’
- Ekta Kapoor's Dil Hi Toh Hai to premiere today; 5 reasons to watch the show
- Karan Kundra to play the lead in Sony TV’s Dil Hi Toh Hai
- "Yogita Bihani will play the lead in 'Dil Hi To Hai'".
- Karan Kinda replaces Omkar Kapoor, to play the protagonist in Ekta Kapoor's Dil Hi Toh Hai
- Dil Hi Toh Hai shoots certain scenes in Rajasthan
- Dil Hi Toh Hai team shoots in the landscape of Rajasthan