Kota Tinggi District
Kota Tinggi District
|Daerah Kota Tinggi|
|• Jawi||دايره كوتا تيڠڬي|
|• Tamil||கோத்தா திங்கி|
Location of Kota Tinggi District in Johor
|Local area government(s)||Kota Tinggi District Council|
Pengerang Municipal Council
|• District officer||Haji Farizal bin Ismail|
|• Total||3,488.7 km2 (1,347.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||51/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||J|
Kota Tinggi town and other settlements of Kuala Sedili, Sungai Rengit and Pengerang are administered by Kota Tinggi District Council, which is based in Kota Tinggi town and Pengerang Municipal Council for southern area based in Pengerang.
The district has an area of 3,482 km2. It is the largest district in Johor which covers 18.34% of the state area.
The district has a total population of 200,000 people. Its population growth rate in 2000 was 1.08%.
The district is governed by two local authorities, which are Kota Tinggi District Council and Pengerang Municipal Council. The Kota Tinggi District Council governs northwestern part of the district. Launched on 16 January 2017, the Pengerang Municipal Council previously known as Pengerang Local Authority governs the southeastern part of the district over an area of 1,288.3 km2 which is administered by Johor Corporation.
The main economy activities in the district are ecotourism, agriculture, biotechnology, petrochemical and oil and gas. 60% of the district land is used for agriculture purpose. In Desaru, currently the Johor state government is developing an integrated tourism area which spreads over an area of 1,578 hectares.
- "Profil Daerah". ptj.johor.gov.my.
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Prashant K. Srivastava; Prem Chandra Pandey; Pavan Kumar; Akhilesh Singh Raghubanshi; Dawei Han, eds. (2016). Geospatial Technology for Water Resource Applications. CRC Press. ISBN 978-13-153-5382-1.
- "Jabatan Perancangan Bandar dan Desa Negeri Johor" (PDF). Plan Malaysia @ Johor (in Malay). Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2018. Retrieved 6 April 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Muafakat ke Arah #Johor Berkemajuan" (PDF). Muafakat Johor (in Malay). Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "State govt's moves set to give Johor economy a boost". The Sun Daily. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Bus Routes And Schedule". Pengangkutan Awam Johor. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kota Tinggi District.|