|Elevation||188 m (617 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011 India census, Khair had a population of 48,251. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Khair has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 62%, and female literacy is 44%. In Khair, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Colonies and roadsEdit
Khair's main colonies are Block Colony, New Basti, Bhadur Ganj, Malipura, Teachers Colony, and Omnagar. Other colonies & roads are , Maharaja Enclave, Sharafan, Musalmanan, Gautman, Upadhyan, Kumharan, Shikarwar Mohalla, Hetram Nagar, Garg Vihar, Sai Dham, Gopal Nagar, Kisan Nagar, Mohalla Harnarayan, Nai tehsil, Purani tehsil, Gandhi Chowk, Subhash Chowk, Kumharan Chowk, Vishanpuri Chauraha, Chhota Chauraha, Tentigaon Tiraha, Teliphone Exchange, Somna Road, Palwal Road, Tentigaon Road, Vishanpuri Road, Nayal Road, Fatte Nagla Road, Iglas Road, Aligarh Road. Khair is well connected to Delhi, Aligarh, Hathras, Mathura, Palwal, Noida and Ghaziabad.
Holi, Diwali and Dussehara are the most popular festival celebrated by citizens. Many people participate and others come to enjoy this festival.
There are many educational institutes in the city.
The main colleges of Khair is:
- Gandhi Jr. High School palachand khair
- Khair Inter College Khair(KIC) is the oldest inter college of khair. Shri SD Sharma was the Ideal Teacher for Physics
- G D Public School,Khair
- DPS, Palwal Road, Khair
- Gurukul Public School, Somna Road (CBSE) 
- Hem Vidya Niketan Sr. Sec. School, Palwal Road (CBSE) 
- DPS, Somna Road, Near Pathwari Mandir (CBSE)
- NCC School (CBSE)
- Rajkeeya Degree College, Somna Road 
- Khair Kanya Mahavidyalaya Bhopa Nagla Road 
- S.K.D.M Institute of Technology, Aligarh Road
- S.K.D.M Degree & Polytechnic College
- Khushiram Degree College
- Khushiram Institute of Technology & Management
- MSKS Kushwaha Degree College, Bhopa Nagla Road
- MCS Degree College, Wajidpur
- Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya, Sujanpur
- Khair Inter College, Palwal Road
- RV Inter College, Palwal Road
- Rashtriya Kanya Inter College, Palwal Road
- Shri Ram Inter College
- Shri Ram Kanya Inter college
- Janta Inter College, Somna Road
- Adarsh Vidyalaya Inter College, Tentigaon bypass Road
- Bhagvati Devi Inter College, Manpur
- S.K.D.M IT & Skill Development (Computer) Center, Azad Market
- SBI Bank (Roadways Bus stand and one more at Block Colony)
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Barauda
- Canara Bank
- HDFC Bank (Chandaus Adda, Teliphone Exchange)
- Bank of India (Agrasen Market, Opp. Peepal Mandi)
- Orientel Bank of Commerce
- ICICI Bank (Aligarh Road, Opp. Jeevan Lodge)
- Central Bank of India
- Gramin Bank of Aryavart (Nai Basti)
Mostly Rohtagi from the Maharaj Harish Chandra Vansh community found in large numbers in Khair & Chaudhary, Nauhwar, Tomar, Dimanian. Gawar from theJaat community are also found in large numbers in Khair. Also Kori Dalit, Sisodiya Thakur Chauhan Rajput & Gautam, Vashishtha, Parashar, Upadhyay, Bhardwaj of Brahmin and Jindal, Goyal, Varshney, Singhal, Bansal, Mittal, Agrawal subcaste of the Vaishya community. Verma sunaar, Brahmins are in majority in Khair consisting more than 20% of the population.
- ^ "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India by Nagar Palika Parishad Khair. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "GPS". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "HVN". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "PG College". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- "KKM". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- R. S. Whiteway (1879). Report on the settlement of the Muttra district, North-Western Provinces. North-Western Provinces and Oudh Govt. Press. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Report on the settlement of the Muttra district, North-Western Provinces-page-136