|Born||2nd quarter 1937|
|Major racing wins|
English Greyhound Derby
Scottish Greyhound Derby
East Anglian Derby
|UK Champion trainer (1985)|
2 x Trainers Championship (1985) & (1986)
Linzell started training on the independent circuit taking runners regularly to Rayleigh Weir Stadium, Hinckley Greyhound Stadium and the West Suffolk Greyhound Stadium. After gaining a National Greyhound Racing Club licence he had attachments at Ipswich Stadium, Southend Stadium and Hackney Wick Stadium.
Linzell's Burton Lodge kennels were based in Wickford, Essex and he secured a leading position within the industry when contracted at Walthamstow Stadium in 1983. In 1983 he trained Glatton Grange who won over £23,000 in prize money winning the Greyhound Breeders Forum Stakes, the British Breeders Forum Stakes and the International. The following year the brindle dog finished runner-up in the St Leger and reached the Grand Prix final.
He later won two Trainers Championship in 1985 and 1986 before winning the 1989 Cesarewitch with Minnies Siren. One year later he won the 1990 English Greyhound Derby with Slippy Blue. Also during 1990 he was represented in the Irish Greyhound Derby final by Rosden Speedy.
Linzell made the decision to leave Walthamstow in 1991, due to the track's trainer policy and he joined Romford Greyhound Stadium. Romford's racing schedule became too demanding and Linzell retired from the sport in 1999. He sold his Burton Lodge kennels to the Miles family, who then leased them to Linzell's former head man Paul Young. Brian Clemenson was also a former head man for Linzell.
- Barnes, Julia (1988). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-15-5.
- Genders, Roy (1990). NGRC book of Greyhound Racing. Pelham Books Ltd. ISBN 0-7207-1804-X.
- Barnes, Julia (1991). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File, Vol Two. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-61-9.
- Barnes/Sellers, Julia/John (1992). Ladbrokes Greyhound Fact File, pages 142-143. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-22-8.
- "Glatton Grange". Greyhound Data.
- Dick, Barrie (1990). Greyhound Derby, the first 60 years, pages 185/186/187/188. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-36-8.
- Dick, Barrie (1990). Greyhound Derby, the first 60 years, pages 204/205/206/207/208/209. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-36-8.
- Fry, Paul (1995). The Official NGRC Greyhound Racing Yearbook. Ringpress Books. p. 203. ISBN 186054-010-4.
- Fortune, Michael. The 75 Years History of the Irish Greyhound Derby. Irish Greyhound Review. ISSN 0332-3536.
- "Remember When July 1999". Greyhound Star.