This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jacqueline Katherine Browne (September 19, 1930 – April 8, 2003) was an American film and television actress.
Browne in Bonanza, 1963
Jacqueline Katherine Browne|
September 19, 1930
San Luis Obispo, California, U.S.
April 8, 2003 (aged 72)|
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) in Los Angeles County, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Kathie Browne McGavin|
|Occupation||Film, television actress|
Darren McGavin (m. 1969–2003)(her death)
In 1955, Browne's acting career began appearing in one episode of Big Town.
Browne appeared in many films and television series. Among them were four roles on CBS's Perry Mason: title character and defendant Donna Loring Ross in the 1960 episode "The Case of the Provocative Protégée," defendant Susan Fisher in the 1962 episode "The Case of the Mystified Miner," murderer Carla Eden in the 1963 episode "The Case of the Festive Felon," and defendant Lona Upton in the 1965 episode "The Case of the Thermal Thief."
Browne appeared in many other television series such as The Gray Ghost, Sheriff of Cochise, The Virginian, Laramie, Hondo, Whispering Smith, Redigo, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The Man from Blackhawk, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Wagon Train, Tombstone Territory and Rawhide. She portrayed Deela in the Star Trek episode "Wink of an Eye" (1968).
Browne also appeared as a guest star in several other shows like Coronado 9, Hazel, My Favorite Martian, Get Smart, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., The Wild Wild West, Ironside, The Rockford Files, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Sea Hunt, Ripcord, Hawaiian Eye, 77 Sunset Strip, Have Gun - Will Travel, The Real McCoys, Banacek, Mannix, The Big Valley, and Kolchak: The Night Stalker, in which her husband, Darren McGavin, starred.
On December 31, 1969, Browne married Darren McGavin, an actor, and became his third wife. Browne was a breast cancer survivor.
On April 8, 2003, Browne died of natural causes in Beverly Hills, California. She was 72. Browne is buried as Kathie Browne McGavin at Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) in Los Angeles County, California.
- Murder by Contract (1958) - Mary - Secretary and Party Girl
- City of Fear (1959) - Jeanne
- Studs Lonigan (1960) - Wild Party Girl (uncredited)
- Cinderfella (1960) - (uncredited)
- Sea Hunt (1961) - Season 4, Episode 15
- Sea Hunt (1961) -Season 4, Episode 21, Quicksand
- The Underwater City (1962) - Dotty Steele
- Man's Favorite Sport? (1964) - Marcia
- The Brass Bottle (1964) - Hazel Jenks
- Brainstorm (1965) - Angie DeWitt
- 43: The Richard Petty Story (1972) - Elizabeth
- Happy Mother's Day, Love George (1973) - Crystal
- Lentz, Harris M. III. Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2003: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture. McFarland. pp. 53–54. ISBN 9780786417568. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Kathie Browne McGavin (Died April 8, 2003). Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) - Vale of Hope, Lot 1719, Space 4". Find a Grave. Retrieved June 3, 2017.
- "Kathie B. McGavin, 72; Acted in Popular TV Series of 1950s, '60s". Los Angeles Times. April 17, 2003.
- Brozan, Nadine (February 27, 2006). "Darren McGavin, Versatile Veteran Actor, Dies at 83". The New York Times.