Kasey Redfern (born September 26, 1991) is an American football punter for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Wofford College. He signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
|No. 1 – Atlanta Falcons|
|Born:||September 26, 1991|
Jamestown, North Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
(Jamestown, North Carolina)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
San Diego ChargersEdit
The Panthers traded Redfern and 2018 fourth round pick (later traded to the Miami Dolphins) to the Cleveland Browns for punter Andy Lee and a 2017 seventh round pick on August 29, 2016. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Browns.
On September 10, in the regular season opener, Redfern suffered a torn ACL, MCL, and a partially torn patellar tendon after he was hit by Arizona Cardinals tight end Ifeanyi Momah near the sideline after Redferrn took a bobbled snap in his own end zone and tried to run for a first down. He was placed on the injured reserve on September 12, 2017.
On October 11, 2019, Redfern was signed to the Atlanta Falcons practice squad, and promoted to the active roster the next day. He was Atlanta's third punter of the season, after injuries to Matt Bosher and Matt Wile.
- "Kasey Redfern Signs with Jacksonville Jaguars". Athletics.Wofford.edu. June 19, 2014. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Cox, Danny (August 30, 2014). "Jacksonville Jaguars cut 18 players en route to 53-man roster". AXS.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Oehser, John (August 29, 2015). "Jaguars trim roster to 75 players". Jaguars.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Henne, Ricky (December 22, 2015). "Chargers Sign RB Dreamius Smith to Active Roster". Chargers.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Williams, Eric (January 21, 2016). "Chargers special teams not so special in 2015". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Strickland, Bryan (August 15, 2016). "Panthers sign punter Kasey Redfern, waive Swayze Waters". Panthers.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (August 29, 2016). "Browns trade punter Andy Lee to Carolina Panthers". NFL.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Gribble, Andrew (September 3, 2016). "Cleveland Browns reduce roster to 53". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- "Lions sign free agent P Kasey Redfern". DetroitLions.com. April 25, 2017.
- "Lions roster cuts: Sam Martin to stay on NFI list, Matt Asiata released". PrideOfDetroit.com. September 1, 2017.
- "Lions sign P Jeff Locke and T Emmett Cleary". DetroitLions.com. September 12, 2017.
- Alper, Josh (April 5, 2019). "Cowboys sign P Kasey Redfern". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Helman, David (August 31, 2019). "Several Young Draft Picks Among Cowboys' Cuts". DallasCowboys.com.
- "Falcons add P Kasey Redfern, who will assume punting duties against Cardinals". The Falcoholic. SB Nation. October 11, 2019.