Karthavyam (1990 film)
Karthavyam (transl. Duty) is a 1990 Indian Telugu-language political action film directed by Mohan Gandhi, starring Vijayashanti. Written by Paruchuri Brothers, the film is loosely based on the real-life story of police officer Kiran Bedi.
|Directed by||Mohan Gandhi|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers|
|Screenplay by||Mohan Gandhi|
|Produced by||A. M. Rathnam|
|Edited by||Gautam Raju|
|Box office||est. ₹7 crore|
Made on a budget of ₹90 lakh, the film was a huge commercial success, grossing over ₹7 crore. Vijayashanti won the National Film Award as Best Actress for her performance in this film. The film was premiered at the 14th International Film Festival of India in the mainstream section.
The film was subsequently dubbed into Tamil as Vyjayanthi IPS, which was also successful at the box office. The film was remade in Hindi as Tejaswini (1994) with Vijayashanti reprising her role, and later in Tamil as Bhavani (2011).
This section needs a plot summary. (October 2020)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2019)
- Chandra, Anupama (15 October 1993). "Telugu actress Vijayashanthi all set to woo Hindi movie audiences in Tejasvini". India Today. Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- Political content dominates their films: The Hindu Interview, The Hindu.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "30 వసంతాల 'కర్తవ్యం'". www.andhrajyothy.com. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "పండుగ చూస్కో". Sakshi (in Telugu). 17 September 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2020.
- "Sneha turns cop! - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Prakash, BVS (19 September 2009). "Tollywood loses out once again". Times of India. Retrieved 24 October 2011.