Karen Juanita Boyonas Gallman
27 September 1992
Ubay, Bohol, Philippines
|Education||University of Queensland|
|Years active||2012, 2018 – Present|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Title||Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2018|
Miss Intercontinental 2018
|Spouse(s)||Ian Garton (m. 2020)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Binibining Pilipinas 2012|
Binibining Pilipinas 2018
(Winner – Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2018)
Miss Intercontinental 2018
Early life and educationEdit
Gallman was born in Bohol, Philippines to Gavin Gallman Sr, an Australian World War II veteran and Editha Boyonas, a school teacher. Speaking both Bisaya and Tagalog, Karen and the family moved to Brisbane, Australia in the year 2000. She finished her secondary at Olivarez College. She obtained her bachelor's degree in Business Management majoring in International Business at the University of Queensland. Upon graduating Karen secured a graduate role with a management consulting firm in London.
Binibining Pilipinas 2012Edit
Binibining Pilipinas 2018Edit
Gallman competed in the Binibining Pilipinas 2018 competition held at the Araneta Coliseum in Manila, Philippines where she was crowned Binibining Pilipinas Intercontinental 2018 by the outgoing queen, Katarina Rodriguez.
Miss Intercontinental 2018Edit
Gallman represented the Philippines in the Miss Intercontinental 2018 pageant held at the Mall of Asia Arena, Manila where she was crowned Miss Intercontinental 2018 by outgoing queen Veronica Salas Vallejo of Mexico. Competing against more than 80 other contestants from around the globe, Karen became the 1st Filipina to win the Miss Intercontinental crown in the pageants 47-year history. During the final question and answer portion, all the contestants were asked the same question by the host: "How do you define success?" She answered:
"For me, success is not just about winning in life but setting goals, smaller goals, and achieving your dreams and working hard for everything you want, and always looking up to God and being thankful for everything. For me, that is success."
Gallman was personally congratulated by the former President of the Philippines and Mayor of Manila when she paid a courtesy call on Joseph Estrada at the latter's office in Manila City Hall. She was also congratulated by the governor of Bohol and the mayor of her hometown in Ubay, Bohol.
On December 9, 2020, she gave birth to her first child.
- "Who is Karen Gallman, Miss Intercontinental 2018?". Rappler. January 27, 2019. Retrieved January 27, 2019.
- "Karen Gallman makes history as first Filipina winner of Miss Intercontinental". ABS-CBN News. January 26, 2019. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "Binibini Profile: Get to Know PH's Miss Intercontinental Bet Karen Gallman". insidemanila.ph. January 23, 2019. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "FULL LIST: Winners of Binibining Pilipinas 2018". The Manila Times. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "Karen Gallman 'over the moon' after winning Miss Intercontinental for PH". ABS-CBN News. January 27, 2019. Retrieved January 27, 2019.
- "Karen Gallman of PH crowned Miss Intercontinental 2018". Inquirer Lifestyle. January 26, 2019. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "Grand Homecoming Awaits Miss Intercontinental Karen Gallman". Bohol Chronicle. February 4, 2019. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- "Miss Intercontinental Karen Gallman Arrives in Bohol for Homecoming". Bohol Chronicle. March 4, 2019. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- "LOOK: Miss Intercontinental 2018 Karen Gallman marries longtime boyfriend Ian Garton". Rappler. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "LOOK: Karen Gallman gets married to BF in New Zealand". INQUIRER.net. March 4, 2020. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- "Look! Miss Intercontinental 2018 Karen Gallman Gave Birth To A Baby Girl". Metro.Style. Retrieved January 6, 2021.