Kaohsiung Main Station
Kaohsiung Main Station (Chinese: 高雄車站; pinyin: Gāoxióng chēzhàn) is a railway and metro station in Sanmin District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan served by the Taiwan Railways Administration and Kaohsiung Rapid Transit. With 10.7 million passengers in 2017, it is one of the busiest TRA station. It is currently undergoing reconstruction, scheduled to be complete in 2023.
|TRA railway station|
|Location||318 Jianguo 2nd Rd|
Sanmin District, Kaohsiung
|Distance||399.8 km to Keelung via Taichung|
|Classification||Special class (Chinese: 特等)|
|1900-11-29||Predecessor station opened|
|Passengers (2017)||14.196 million per year 2.19%|
|Rank||8 out of 228|
|Kaohsiung metro station|
|Location||B3F 320 Jianguo 2nd Rd|
Sanmin District, Kaohsiung
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Passengers (2017)||10.772 million per year|
|Rank||2 out of 37|
The main railway station serving Kaohsiung, formerly known as Takau (Chinese: 打狗) and Takao (高雄), was located at Hamasen. It opened in 1900 and served trains to Tainan. The Fengshan (then Hōzan (Japanese: 鳳山)) line opened in 1907. The station at the current site was built between 1933 and 1941. Towards the end of the century, it was decided that the railway was to be moved underground within Kaohsiung. A temporary station building was used between 2002 and 2018, when the underground station was partially opened. A temporary metro station was also used between 2008 and 2018. Construction on the remaining segments of the project is scheduled to be complete in 2023.
There is also proposal to extend THSR to the current station.
The rapid transit station is a two-level, underground station with one entrance. It is located at Jianguo 2nd Road. On 5 September 2018, it was relocated 100 metres north, making it the first metro station in Taiwan to be relocated. The new platforms are lengthened to allow for six carriages up from three. The former concourse and platforms are closed and reserved for emergency use.
|B1||Lobby||TRA ticket offices, fare gates, toilets, police bureau, metro entrance|
|B2||Shopping mall||Shopping mall (future)|
|Platform 1A||■ West Coast, South-link and East Coast lines towards Pingtung, Chaozhou, Taitung, Hualien|
|Platform 1B||■ West Coast, South-link and East Coast lines towards Pingtung, Chaozhou, Taitung, Hualien|
|Platform 2A||■ West Coast, North-link and East Coast lines towards Tainan, Taichung, Taipei, Hualien|
|Platform 2B||■ West Coast, North-link and East Coast lines towards Tainan, Taichung, Taipei, Hualien|
|B3||Concourse||Metro lobby, information desk, ticket machines, fare gates, toilets|
|B4||Platform 1||← Red line towards Siaogang (Formosa Boulevard)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ Red line towards Gangshan South (Houyi) →|
|1||1A||■ Pingtung line (southbound)||Towards Fengshan, Jiuqutang|
|2||1B||■ Pingtung line (southbound)||Towards Pingtung, Chaozhou, Fangliao|
|3||2A||■ West Coast line (northbound)||Towards Xinzuoying, Tainan, Chiayi|
|4||2B||■ West Coast line (northbound)||Towards Zuoying–Jiucheng, Nanzi, Gangshan|
- Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA)
- Western line
- Pingtung Line
- Kaohsiung Mass Rapid Transit
- Red Line
Around the stationEdit
- Chang-Gu World Trade Center
- Kaohsiung Municipal Kaohsiung Senior High School
- Kaohsiung Vision Museum
- Sankuaicuo Station
- Sanfong Central Street
- Sanfeng Temple
- Jianguo Rd. Computer Market
- Changming Rd. Clothing, Electronics, and Spare Parts Market
- Kaohsiung Bus Station
- Kuo-Kuang Motor Transportation Co., Aloha Bus Co., United Bus Co., Ho-Hsin Bus Traffic Co. Stations
- "車站基本資料集". Taiwan Railways Administration. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- 各站營業里程-1.西部幹線. Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 11 December 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- 車站數-按等級別分 (PDF). Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- 臺鐵統計資訊. Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 2002. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- 臺灣鐵路電訊. Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- 高雄港站前世今生. Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 11 December 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- 車站簡介. Taiwan Railways Administration (in Chinese). 11 December 2008. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- 捷運計畫 - 紅橘線路網 - 興建暨施工期程. Mass Rapid Transit Bureau, Kaohsiung City (in Chinese). Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- 統計資料預告發布及背景說明. Accounting and Statistics Office, Kaohsiung City (in Chinese). Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- 交通部鐵路改建工程局－歡迎頁. www.rrb.gov.tw (in Chinese). 25 April 2008. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- 高雄市政府捷運工程局網頁. mtbu.kcg.gov.tw (in Chinese). 8 August 2016. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "高雄車站". 高雄捷運公司. Archived from the original on 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2010-07-06.