Kan Kanda Deivam
Kan Kanda Deivam (transl. Palpable God) is a 1967 Indian Tamil-language film written and directed by K. S. Gopalakrishnan, and produced by Kamal Brothers. It stars S. V. Ranga Rao, Padmini, S. V. Subbaiah and Nagesh.
|Kan Kanda Deivam|
|Directed by||K. S. Gopalakrishnan|
|Starring||S. V. Ranga Rao|
S. V. Subbaiah
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
|Edited by||R. Devan|
|Distributed by||Jai Maruthi Combines|
- S. V. Ranga Rao as the landlord
- Padmini as the landlord's sister-in-law
- S. V. Subbaiah as the landlord's brother
- Nagesh as the lawyer
- V. Nagaiah as Neighbour
- O. A. K. Thevar as a criminal
- S.Rama Rao as Criminal assistant
- Sivakumar as Servant
- S. V. Sahasranamam as the judge
- Kallapart T. R. Nadarajan as Elder Son
- Maharan as Middle Son
- A. Veerappan as youngest Son
- Vijayarani as daughter
Kan Kanda Deivam was directed by K. S. Gopalakrishnan and produced by Kamal Brothers. S. V. Ranga Rao played the lead role of a wealthy landlord, and S. V. Subbaiah played the landlord's younger brother. Padmini played the latter's wife, and Kallapart Natarajan played one of the three spoilt sons of Subbaiah and Padmini. Nagesh played a lawyer given education by the landlord, and O. A. K. Thevar played a criminal exposed by the lawyer. S. V. Sahasranamam played a judge. R. Sampath was the cinematographer and R. Devan was the editor. Some song sequences from the film were shot on an agricultural background. The final length of the film was 4845 metres.
The music of the film was composed by K. V. Mahadevan, with lyrics by Udumalai Narayana Kavi and Vaali. The playback singers were T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela, L. R. Eswari, S. C. Krishnan, A. L. Raghavan and S. V. Ponnusamy.
Release and receptionEdit
Kan Kanda Deivam was released on 15 September 1967, and was distributed by Jai Maruthi Combines. The film was critically and commercially successful. Film historian Randor Guy said it would be remembered for "SV Ranga Rao and Padmini's brilliant acting, excellent cinematography and the music of KV Mahadevan."
- Cowie, Peter; Elley, Derek (1977). World Filmography: 1967. Fairleigh Dickinson Univ Press. p. 267.
- Guy, Randor (1 June 2017). "Kan Kanda Deivam (1967)". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 27 July 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Film News Anandan (2004). Saadhanaigal Padaitha thamizh thiraipada varalaru [Tamil film history and its achievements] (in Tamil). Sivagami Publications. Archived from the original on 27 July 2017.