Kammara Sambhavam is a 2018 Indian Malayalam-language satire film written by Murali Gopy and directed by Rathish Ambat. The film was produced by Gokulam Gopalan and stars Dileep, Siddharth, Murali Gopy, Bobby Simha, and Namitha Pramod. The film marks the Malayalam film debut of Siddharth. Principal photography began on 18 August 2016 in Kochi. The film was released in India on 14 April 2018 and was an above average grosser.
|Directed by||Rathish Ambat|
|Produced by||Gokulam Gopalan|
|Written by||Murali Gopy|
|Music by||Gopi Sundar|
|Cinematography||Sunil K. S.|
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
Sree Gokulam Movies
|Box office||50 cr|
A group of liquor barons, lead by Francis (Vijayaraghavan) who are part of ILP, an old political party, wants the party back in power so that their business yields better results. For this, they come up with the very
Kammaran is an ailing old man living in his old house with his son Bose (Siddique). With everyone waiting outside, Kammaran opens up to the young man on his past. During the World War II, Kammaran was a good for nothing, cunning and shrewd young guy caring for his own interests and with no remorse in backstabbing people who help him. At the same time, Othenan (Siddharth) is the son cruel landlord Kelu (Murali Gopy) but is estranged from him. He is the head of the real ILP which was clandestine military wing aimed to expel the British dominance from India. Kammaran doesn't like Othenan as he is in a relation with the girl whom Kammaran has eyes on Bhanumathi (Namita). To win over everyone, Kammaran cleverly creates a violent war between the villagers, Othenan, Kelu and the British officers. During the rampage Kammaran kills Kelu and avenges his father's murder. After the havoc finishes and Othenan are taken to custody, Kammaran is secretly set free as planned earlier. All these make it clear that Kammaran was a deeply cunning and wicked person with no life worth being made into a film. Then Kammaran narrates that one night, a still alive Othenan visited him. At this point, the old man starts coughing hard unable to talk further. Pulikeshi is later forced by the team to make the film according to the intentions they have in mind. The film is later made and the aged Kammaran desires to watch it on screen. When he watches it, he understands that it has not a minuscule connection with his life. The story is virtually reversed, so that Kammaran is made the good guy and Othenan the villain. The film becomes a hit, and soon leads to ILP coming back to power and contesting in election. Ultimately Kammaran is made the chief minister of the state and he starts to show his real face to the producers of the film. Pulikesi arrives to meet him about asking what happened to Othenan and it is shown that years later Othenan came for Bhanumathi who was Kammaran's wife then, and he killed him brutally but Kammaran doesn't reveal this to Pulikeshi.
- Dileep as Kammaran Nambiar / Himself
- Siddharth as Othenan Nambiar / Himself
- Murali Gopy as Kelu Nambiar
- Namitha Pramod as Bhanumathi
- Bobby Simha as Pulikeshi
- Shweta Menon as Malayil Maheshwari
- Kenny Basumatary as Netaji
- Manikuttan as Thilakan Purushothamman
- Vijayaraghavan as Francis
- Indrans as ILP Surendran
- Siddique as Bose Kammaran
- Vinay Forrt as Francis' brother
- Sudheer Karamana Francis' friend
- Baiju Francis' friend
- Divya Prabha as Kamaran's sister
- Master Ajaz as young Kammaran
- Santhosh Keezhattoor as Viswan Nambiar
- Anjali Nair
- Andy Von Eich as Robert Cogon
- Simarjeet Singh Nagra as Satnam Singh (Othenan's friend)
This is the feature film directorial debut of advertisement filmmaker Rathish Ambat. In the film, scripted by Murali Gopi, the plot follows the adventures of Kammaran, the character played by Dileep. According to Ambat, "we can't limit the movie to any specific genre", it has politics, contemporary relevance, history and elements of a thriller. He describes the film as "a satire that has politics, history and cinema". Murali worked on the script for nearly two years. Murali also describes the film as a satire that crisscross period, pop as well as black comedy. Sidharth makes his Malayalam film debut with the film. Namitha Pramod plays the female lead.
Principal photography began on 18 August 2016 in Kochi. The production was unexpectedly stalled while it was filming in Theni, Tamil Nadu during July 2017 and after a break the filming restarted on 9 October 2017 in Vengara, Malappuram district; Dileep rejoined the film on 20 October in Malayattoor, Ernakulam district. There was a schedule in Chennai which completed before December 2017, after which one schedule was remaining to be shot in Theni. By the time it stalled production in July, the film had already spend ₹10 crore on budget. It was completed on a total budget of ₹17 crore.
|1.||"Njano Ravo"||Rafeeq Ahamed||Haricharan Sheshadri, Divya S. Menon||5:12|
|2.||"Azhikkullil"||B. K. Harinarayanan||Karthik, Divya S. Menon||4:55|
|3.||"Anjandu Bharikkan"||Anil Panachooran||Murali Gopy||4:11|
- "Dileep takes on media at Kammara Sambhavam audio launch". The Indian Express. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "All set for take one". The Hindu. 2015-03-13. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Bobby Simha picks a dramedy for his Mollywood comeback". The Times of India. 2016-09-11. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Suresh, Meera (30 January 2018). "Dileep spends five hours putting on prosthetic makeup for Kammarasambavam". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- Nagarajan, Saraswathy (11 April 2018). "Adventures of Kammaran". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Exclusive Talk with Murali Gopy about his new film Kammara Sambhavam | Fuze HD. YouTube. FuzeHD. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Siddharth to join Kammaarasambhavan in later this year". The Times of India. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- James, Anu (19 August 2016). "After Siddharth, Tamil actress Tamannaah to make Malayalam debut with Dileep's 'Kammara Sambhavam'? [PHOTO]". International Business Times. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Express Web Desk (9 October 2017). "Dileep to return to work soon, shooting for Kammara Sambhavam resumes". The Indian Express. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Shoot for Dileep's 'Kammara Sambhavam' to be completed soon". The News Minute. 1 December 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Emotional Dileep thanks 'Kammaran' crew for backing his 'rebirth' | Video". Malayala Manorama. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Out on bail, Dileep gets back to work". The News Minute. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Kammara Sambhavam (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Single артиста Gopi Sundar". itunes.apple.com (in Russian). apple. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.